The Mist

Shortly after Lucy accepted Arthur's proposal, we headed back home, I recently learned that Raoul and Gustave spent a father and son day together.

It was adorable!

While Christine and Raoul retired to bed, I changed into my sleepwear, quietly humming to myself the entire time. I came out from behind the dressing screen. Mina sat on top of the her bed, reading a book.

Then someone knocked on the door.

I grabbed a white satin robe, putting it on and answering the door. My hand grasped the knob as I opened the door a little bit and saw-

Gustave?

My face turned to shock as I opened the door more and kneeled down in front of him. He looked like he had been crying."Gustave, what's wrong?"

Gustave hugged me tightly "Auntie Kaylee, Please I'm Scared What a dream, an awful dream Someone strange and mad Seizing me and killing me."

I looked at Mina in shock, she was looking up from her book in shock and worry. I looked back at Gustave and hugged him back.

"Let's bring you inside."

Gustave nods, wiping his tears away. He comes inside as I closed the door. I sit down on my bed and pat a seat next to me, Gustave sits next to me.

"What happened?"

Gustave sniffs as he explained "You, Mother, father, miss Lucy and miss Mina were dead in front of me, A strange man came up to me and bit my neck."

He looked at me, tears falling from his eyes "Auntie Kaylee, I'm scared."

He hugged me again and cried, I soothed him and ran my fingers through his brown hair.

I looked down at him as I said "Don't worry Gustave, I will not let anyone hurt you or anyone that I care about, even if it means that I have to fight for it."

I booped his nose, he giggled wiping his tears away as I smiled.

"Let's bring you back to bed."

I take Gustave back to the bedroom where Christine and Raoul slept. I quietly tucked him in and bid him good night.

Afterwards, I make my way back to the bedroom, take off my robe, climbed onto the bed and fell asleep.

***********************

I woke up with a feeling of uneasiness, looking around the bedroom, something inside my gut told me that something was wrong.

I got up from the bed, grabbing my robe and walking out the door. I walked down the hallway, Looking around the corridor, I spotted Lucy sleepwalking outside a room, I saw mist outside surrounding the the outside area. Then I remembered

This was the part where Dracula bites Lucy as she sleepwalks.

I heard a sharp gasp from Lucy, I quickly sprung into action and went outside, I saw Lucy, laying down on the marble bench and Dracula sucking on her blood.

Then he looked at me."Who are you?" I asked, in my mind

"You know the answer to that" he replied