The Point of No Return

Tonights the night....

I'm scared as I am excited.

Raoul has the entire opera house surrounded with police to capture the Phantom during his opera. Taking a deep breath, I stood in front of the mirror in the Prima Donna dressing room, wearing the Aminta costume from the movie. My hair combed out with a rose on the side.

I stared at my Walther PPK/S in the wooden vintage box, debating whether or not I should take it. My costume wouldn't be able to hide it, and the audience might look at me like I'm crazy. Sighing, I closed the case and placed it back on the vanity.

Then I heard a knock on the door.

"Kaylee, are you in there?" It was Christine

"Come in" I said

The door opened and Christine came in, she was wearing the same costume that Meg was wearing in the movie. "Christine are you alright?" I asked, taking her hands. She looked pale and her hands were cold.

"Christine what's wrong?" I inquired worriedly

"Kaylee I'm frightened. Please Don't do this."

She tightened her grip on my hands. "It scares me. Don't go through this ordeal by fire. He'll take you. I know. We'll be parted forever." She bit her lip and looked away "He won't let you go." I looked at her sadly, even though she isn't my real sister, she was afraid. Like a little child that got scared from a nightmare.

"Christine, Christine, don't think that I don't care." I sang softly

She looks at me, tears in her eyes. I used my thumb to wipe her tears away. "But every hope, and every prayer rests on us now."

I hugged and rubbed circles around her back as I felt her tears land on my shoulder and she hugs me back

"It's going to be ok."
I turned my gaze to the vintage gun box sitting on the vanity. I eye brows furrowed, 'Nah, fuck it.'

Meanwhile...

Deep down in the catacombs, in the Phantom's lair Erik fixed his wig and puts on a black mask, securing it."Seal my fate tonight I hate to have to cut the fun short" Then, after grabbing a candle, he walked over to the little model of the stage that resembled his opera. Don Juan Triumphant.

"But the joke's wearing thin. Let the audience in. Let my opera begin!"

He slowly drops the candle into the center stage fire, making it light up. Tonight, he was going to make Kaylee his...

Kaylee's POV

I stood on the sides of the stage, waiting for my part as the overture began and that's when my nerves kicked in. "Here the sire may serve the dam Here the master takes his meat! Here the sacrificial lamb Utters one despairing bleat!"

Then Carlotta "sang" with the ensemble "Poor young maiden! For the thrill On your tongue of stolen sweets You will have to pay the bill, tangled in the winding sheets!"

I saw the audience members cringe, either because Carlotta was singing, how the opera was displayed or maybe because the police are here. Whatever the reason maybe, I can tell they didn't like something.

"Serve the meal and serve the maid," the chorus sang

Carlotta repeated "Serve the meal and serve the maid."

"Serve the master so that when tables plans and maid are laid. Don Juan Triumphs once again!"

Then the chorus pointed to the center stage, the red and black curtains opened, out came Meg and Christine, dressed as prostitutes, and Piangi as Don Juan.