The Master's Song (reprise)

They walked inside and immediately Gustave came up to them and hugged them. Van Helsing stepped out with Raoul, Mina, Jonathan, Quincey, Arthur and Jack as he said "I know that this must be difficult for you both. Yet we have new insights into various ways we could possibly detect and destroy the vampire."

Kaylee pets Gustave's head before saying "What do we know?."

"One from your friend Jonathan, who told of the vampire's sleeping coffins, filled with the earth of his homeland. In addition we learned from Dr. Seward that a method of communication exists between the vampire and Dr. Seward's patient, Mr Renfield."

Kaylee said "You need to take me with you."

"No, that would be..." Van Helsing paused "And yet... It might be that he will speak more openly to you than to us. Perhaps he sees in you...a kind of kindred spirit."

Kaylee nods, turning to Gustave saying "Gustave, I want you to be careful." She changes out her tailcoat since it was wet and puts on a blue floral vest with a jacket on top "We'll be back soon."

"Ok, auntie Kaylee." He said before Kaylee, Van Helsing and Jack left out of the door, on their way to the insane asylum were Renfield currently reside...

Following the events after returning to Arthur's house. Me, Van Helsing and Jack made it to the insane asylum and into Renfield's cell, I saw him sitting down, his back facing towards us. Jack said "Good evening, Mr Renfield. I brought you some visitors."

"Why?"

I walked in front of him, he spotted me standing up and saying "You!" I crossed my arms "You recognize me, Mr Renfield?"

"First I thought you were the girl that the doctor wanted to marry, but of course she's dead isn't she?"

I looked at him shock, as Jack said "How do you know these things, Renfield?"

"That's a stupid question."

Placing my hands on my hip, I said "And even so Mr Renfield, we would very much like an answer to it."
Renfield looked at me "Very well," he held his hand towards "Miss Daae." I raised my eyebrow "You know my name?" He placed his other hand over mine.

"Oh yes, oh yes.~"

I sat down where he was previously seated "How?"

"You are next."

"What exactly do you mean by that?" Jack inquired

Renfield avoids the question "She knows it, don't you?"

I shake my head "Why would I, no."

"You understand I know you do." Renfield said with a smile then looked out the window.

"For two years now, he and I have been communicating, mind to mind across this continent. It is I who brought him here."

"Why are you so generous to him, Mr Renfield?" I asked

"He gives me everything I need, flies, spiders, rats."

"That seems a poor reward." I commented, Renfield shakes his head

"No, and I am promised the world."

I sighed "Is the world worth damning your soul?" I asked standing up

"Listen to me, Renfield. I've seen people being killed right in front of my eyes. Think, how would you feel if you see people who were close to you killed right in front of you."

Renfield stood slient, looking to the window. I walked to him, causing to turn to face me "Despite, your what you might think. Despite my better judgment. Somewhere in there, fighting to get out is a good man."

"How?" He questioned quietly, looking away from me. I take his hand and said "I know."

Renfield puts his other hand on top of mine saying "You must leave London now, today before it's too late." He lets go of my hand as I said "why do you say that?" I asked

"Take no bags, don't sleep, don't walk down the street at night." Jack cames up to me and leads me away "Thats enough Renfield."

I walked towards the door as Renfield said "Particularly he could be at your bedside in a matter of minutes!" I froze in my spot, slowly turning around as he said "oh my god." "What is it?" Jack inquired

Renfield said "I'm a dead man!" He was begging at this point for Jack to let him out "That will do Mr Renfield!"

"Perhaps the doctor could change his mind if you could tell us why she needs to leave this very night." Van Helsing said

Renfield looked at Van Helsing "No I've already said too much. And even I should wish to say more, then you, professor,would be the last I would confide in!"

"Have we met before, Mr Renfield?" Van Helsing inquired

"I know who you are...and what he did to your wife."

Van Helsing looked at him in shock then left the cell, I called out after him "Dr Helsing, wait!" Looking back, I heard Renfield say "Later Dr Seward, I want you to remember how hard I tried to convince you tonight."

"I'll look in on you tomorrow." Jack replied then left

Renfield turned to me and said "I pray god, I may never see your sweet face again."

"Good evening Mr Renfield." I walked to the cell door, then said to him

"And thank you."

Third person POV

Shortly after Kaylee left, Renfield tried to look for a way to escape. But he was too late...
Dracula appeared and said "So valuable and assistant, now you have disappointed me."

Renfield pleaded "Please master, if you could only-"

Then he stopped, he slowly stood up and sang "You sailed across the seven seas Your ship cut through the waves And when the crimson moon comes up
You drink the blood of slaves."

Then Dracula and Renfield sang together "We have waited long, for the master's song
And it's time to join in the chorus, sing his song
Sing it loud and strong."

Dracula grabbed him by the neck and lifted him up, causing Renfield to gag.

"And the master may give you new life"

All that was heard was a sickening crack...