Beyond The Vail

I groaned as I opened my eyes, I was in a small room with a bed, I sat up, getting a splitting headache and stared outside, the ocean breeze caressed my face, I was on a boat.

Not again...

'Where's Christine?' I thought

Right on cue, I heard someone knocking on the door

"Kaylee, are you ok?"

It sounded like Christine. Then she opened the door. She looks at me, walking me and placed the back of her hand on my forehead.

"How do you feel?" She asks, sitting next me

"My head hurts a little bit." I said

Christine felt my forehead "The bump seemed to go down."

I looked her confused "What do you mean?"

Christine looked into my eyes "You slipped and hit your head on the dock."

I processed what she said, I had to ask her what happened, all I remember was 'The Final Lair' and fainting

"Christine, what happened, All I remember was I was in the lair."

Her eyes widened, she takes my hands and said "Kaylee that was ten years ago."

I looked her in shock, gripping her hands. Then she explained "After we got you out of the phantom's lair, Raoul and I stood at your side until you woke up."

I see her shivering from that memory "Christine, if this is uncomfortable for you, you don't have to continue."

She shakes her head "No, I'll continue."

"After you recovered, you never lost your passion for singing and started singing all over the world, then you told me and Raoul that you wanted to take a break for a while, so we chose to go to Whitby Bay."

I nodded

"Aunt Kaylee?"

I turned around and saw Gustave!

Gustave looked the same way he did in Love Never Dies. He smiled

"Aunt Kaylee, you're all right!"

He ran to me and hugged me, I smiled and hugged him back. Christine smiled

"I see you remember Gustave."

I ruffled his hair "Of course."

Gustave lets go of me, Christine smiled, I kissed Gustave's head "I see you outside."

Christine holds her hand towards him "Come along, Gustave."

"Coming, mother." He walked towards Christine and takes her hand.

So cute!

As they left, I stood up and walked to the closet, pulling out a long sleeve dress, I walked behind the dress screen and get dressed in a purplish long sleeve corset dress.

Then I walked out from behind the dressing screen, I combed my hair out and placed a pin in a shape of a star to hold in place.

Then I noticed that I still had the ring on. I smiled, walking out of the room as the boat gets ready for the voyagers to disembark. I walked towards the dock and saw Raoul, Christine and Gustave ready to go.

Raoul see me as I walked towards them, he smiled "It's good to see you up Kaylee."

I smiled back, then we disembarked into Whitby Bay. I breathed in the air as walked away from the boat.

I held Gustave's hand as we walked through Whitby Bay, I heard someone say "Kaylee!" I turned around and saw-

MINA MURRAY AND LUCY WESTENRA?!

Lucy came up to me and hugged me, Mina smiled "It's good to see you, dear friend."

"Mina? Lucy?" Christine inquired

Lucy pulled away and looked at Christine, her smile never leaving her face "How long has it been?" Mina questioned

"Ten years." Christine responded, smiling

"We have a lot of catching up to do." I replied, still smiling.