Jawab Kuch Aise

He was lost in thought looking at her, an angel from heaven, as the dressing table lights glowed on her already glowing face. He knew he was a goner and his heart would always race each time he watched her, even from far. If her effect hadn't worn off yet, it never would.

She raised her eyes as him through the mirror and he smiled as he saw her looking at him.

Walking up to her, he stood behind her and she placed the comb on the table she looked down turning to face him.

"Aise kya dekh rahe ho..."

He held her hand and she looked down as he kissed it.

"Priya ke dil ka haal bhi samajh liya aur meri bechaini bhi door ki.. kya baat hai Dr Preeti.."

She smiled and leaned on him, "college sirf aap nahi gaye..."

"Kya matlab.."

"Hum saath rahe hain.. par kuch expereinces alag hain humare..."

"Please elaborate Wife.." he furrowed his eyebrows and she shook her head.

"Aisa kuch nahi hai ke aap aise dekh rahe ho..."

"Ab tho jaanna hai.. ke jo saal tumse door tha.. wahan aise kya experiences the jisne iss Doctor ko itna experienced bana diya..." he raised his eyes as he pulled her to the balcony adjoining their room.

The moonlight shone on her and he hugged her from behind. "Aap baat karne aaye hain ya..." and he kissed her shoulder which made her close her eyes.

"Tum bolo.. main sunn raha hoon.. aur saath mein yeh jo chand aur taare tumhe aise dekh rahe hain.. unhe dikha raha hoon.. mera chand mere paas hai.."

She turned to look at him and he smiled. "Yeh baat tho uss raat hi kahi thi tumse ke mere liye mera chand mere kamre mein uthar aaya hai."

She shook her head and tapped his cheek. "Kuch bhi keh dete ho..."

"Sach keh raha hoon.. chand tumse insecure ho gaya hai dekho.. jab se uss raat tum aayi ho mere saath.. meri ho kar.. phir kabhi chand ko nahi dekha maine.. tumse nazrein hati hi nahi kabhi... aur dekho.. aaj woh adha hi sahi... ghoor raha hai hume.."

Preeti bit her lip. "Kya.."

"Pehle tumhare intezaar mein chand ko dekhta tha.. aur aaj apni Jaan ke siwa koi nazar nahi aata.. chand tho insecure hoga na.. dekho na.. ghoor raha hai.."

Preeti raised her eyes smiling and he held her close. "Its been a perfect day Jaan.. ek sapna sa.. subha utha tho tum paas thi... aur raat ko bhi aise hi paas ho.."

Preeti kissed his cheek and he smiled looking at the chand as he held her waist grinning. "Dekhlo Chand, yeh mere personal Chand hai.. mujhe kiss bhi karta hai.." and she hit his hand slightly as she tried to move.

"Uff... meri chand tho maarti bhi hai..." and she turned around frowning as he pulled her close. "I love you Wife..." he whispered enveloping her into him as they stood enjoying the solace they had always wanted.

*****

He pulled her after sometime to the couch in the balcony and leaned as she lay on his chest.

"Ab batao bhi.. kya experience hai biwi.."

"Aisa kuch khaas nahi hai.. Raunak se aksar takraar hoti thi especially jab 4th year mein interning shuru ki hospital mein.. Main cafe mein thi aur Aman aaya."

Prem looked on as Preeti held his hand that had clenched in anger. "Aman 4th year new student tha and Sahir ka dost, hum bas jaante the ek doosre ko coz Sahir Sia ke peeche tab se tha. Uss din ek naya dost mila aur Zidd, Pasand aur Pyaar ka farq samajh aaya..."