Chapter 3

Pandit ji arrived just as breakfast was done with and Maa assembled everyone in the hall.

The only problem was Prem who seemed lost. He hadnt seen Preeti all morning and he was getting restless. "Warna tho saamne hi hoti hai.. aur aaj nazar hi nahi aa rahi..." he groaned to himself. He was hopeful, she had to come down now.

"Jisse dhoond rahe ho woh subha se Sadhna bhabhi ke paas hai... abhi aati hogi..." he turned around to see Sangeeta smiling at him.

"Nahi main tho..."

"Bhaiyya... chehre par saaf dikhta hai..." she said ruffling his hair and he looked down.

She made a face and he looked away smiling and in a minute she said, "lo aapka intezaar khatm huwa... aagayi Preeti bhabhiii..."

He looked up immediately and Sangeeta walked away grinning at her crazy brother leaving the two of them steal glances at eachother.

Pandit ji began date calculations and all were with bated breath for making plans. Prem was seated opposite Preeti who was fiddling with her dupatta seated with Sangeeta, Sadhna Bhabhi n Sapna while his hands were cold due to anxiousness.

All wanted the date to be soonest so that the lost time would b forgotten but they agreed that Prem had to come back for marriage since the week he had would not be enough fr preparations.

The date came as surprising because the first available one was 3 months away.

"Hume jald se jald chaiiye panjitji.." Maa asked worried. "Prem bohat jald shift ho raha hai aur hum chahte hain ke shaadi jald se jald ho jaaye taaqi dono saath jayen."

"Tareek tho jald nahi hai.... sabse pehli yehi hai...."

"Chalo koi baat nahi tayyari ka waqt milega," said mamaji cheering everyone up. "Bachchon shuru ho jao sab jaldi se... bohat kaam pade hain aur saath mein ab hamare chote se raajkumar bhi tho hain."

Prem looked down smiling, just raising his gaze to see Preeti being teased by the girls.

Come to think of it the timing was perfect he thought. That gave Preeti the time to wrap up her hospital duties n him to settle down things at work in a new city before he took her along.

He wanted a moment alone but got none since all were busy planning on the wedding n preparing to leave for mumbai after lunch.

Preeti s heart let out a soft gasp at 3months wait. She sure was eager to be with him, but she also knew that they needed a little more time to know eachother. They both knew that there was more to both their personalities than they showed and this was a start to familiarize with the bond that was to last forever.

"Waapsi ki seating arrangemnt ka kya karna hai," Prem asked as he came down for lunch after finishing some work calls.

"Aap fiqr na karein..." Vinod teased Prem. "Aapke comfort I mean work comfort ka poora dhyaan rakha hai," said Vinod hi fiving Anand Babu.

"Kyun chedtha rehta hai Prem ko.." Maa spoke in Prem's defence and Anwar bhaijaan countered, "Ammi Jaan ab nahi tho kab haath aayenge..." slapping Prem's back.

Prem smiled at their crazyness. They were ready to leave in a while n he still hadn't seen Preeti more than a couple of times the whole day.

He had got so used to just see her around. And after last evening he just wanted to see her around with him. He couldn't he wondered how he spent those times without her.

They were in touch on n off when he left fr USA aftr the engagement.. He would drop her a text or call her sometimes but that was rare since the time difference. He thought how patient he had been then and the restlesness he felt nw.