Tum Hi Ho....

Prem walked in, busy on the phone and Preeti took his bag from him. Helping him remove his coat, he nodded his head in appreciation as he continued to speak and she smiled as he paused to kiss her cheek before heading upstairs.

This was his regular but Freebird Friday seemed like it was a century back, when it was just a 3 days back. She missed him.

It was not like they ddnt spend time together. He was home for dinner each night and they cuddled everynight as she drifted off to sleep in his arms. Mornings were also as good as they could be. It's just that the day dragged. Maybe it was the weekend effect.

He came down and smiled at her as she set the table for dinner.  He had something to tell her.

"Kya baat hai Wife.. Kuch kehna hai..." he smiled as he saw her lost in thought.

"Nahi... kuch nahi.."

"Are you sure.."

"Kuch nahi... Sach mein..."

He held her hand and took her in his arms. "I love you Jaan.." he hugged her and she hugged him tighter and he held her till he felt she needed to be held.

He let her be.. He sensed something was off and she would sure tell him. He knew that. Maybe she needed some space.

The meal was silent. She seemed lost and he was observing her. "Kaho na Jaan.. Kuch kehna hai..."

"Nahi.. Haan.. Nahi.."

"Preeti..... mujhe kuch kehna hai phir..." he tried to say and she interrupeted. He looked surprised. Did she even hear him speak.

"Main.. Main woh.. Kaam.. I mean.. Main soch rahi thi.. Chandni ka offer for Part time Consultant.. Le loon..."

He smiled widely. "Thats fantastic Jaan... Par pehle yeh batao.. ke upset kyun ho.. Kaam ko lekar itni upset tho nahi ho sakti..."

Preeti closed her eyes and he held her hand as he fed her from his plate. "Kaho bhi Jaan..."

"Kuch khaas nahi.. Just maybe.. Nothing actually..."

"Keh bhi do..."

"I mean... Just maybe.. Mood swings.. ladies ko hota hai.."

"Mood swings.. Woh tho.. Ek minute... Woh tho Pregnancy.. Are you.. Tum iss liye pareshan..."

Preeti looked at him shocked and he looked stunned.

"Nahi.. nahi.." she shushed him. "Aisa kuch nahi hai..." and he looked at her. "Mood swings pregnancy mein hote hain. Hai naaa.." and he looked as she sighed as she held his hand and smiled weakly.

"Nahi... Not always.. It happens when one starts talking to one self more and thinking too much."

"And why is my Love thinking too much..."

"Shayad aaj kal kaam kamm hai.. And then i begin to think too much.. Phir aapki yaad aati hai... Just all in my head.. Shayad sahi kaha aapne.. i need to get back to being busy.."

He raised her face to look at him. "Iss mein pareshan hone ki kya baat hai... waise bhi aaj kal tum free ho.. Tho bore hona natural hai...  Par ek baat se main khush hoon ya dukhi.. Samajh nahi aa raha.."

"Kya huwa.." she looked at him and he  made a face. "Pehli baar meri Biwi.. meri Jaan ne kaha she misses me.. Aur then tumhe kaam shuru karna hai.. Aur then she says.. woh mujhe miss na kare ziada iss liye she wants to work.. Ab iss reason se kaam karne ke liye kaise khush hoon main.."

She looked down and he held her. "You are my life.. I know time kamm deta hoon tumhe.. Par kuch waqt ki baat hai.. Yeh supplier deals bohat zaroori hain.."