Chapter 17

Preeti got into bed and checked her phone. It had become a habit to wait for him every night. It had been 5 days since he was gone and she was still missing him.

The phone rang with his number flashing and she picked it up.

"Kaisi ho?" She heard him breathe out and she smiled.

"Theek, tum kaise ho?"

"Achcha hoon..."

"Kya kar rahi ho..."

"Kuch nahi... aur tum..."

"Tumhe dekh raha hoon..." the phone falling off she turned with a jolt.

She heard him laughing as she picked the phone and was slightly disappointed that he wasn't here. On no answer from her he smiled as he said, "m sorry... mujhe kehna chaiyye tha tumhari pictures dekh raha hoon..."

She smiled as her heart wished he was here, "chahti ho milna...?" he asked softly and he heard her sigh. He wished he was there to see her, he knew she missed him but confessing it was not her, he knew that.

"Achcha... poocho gi nahi, pictures kyun dekh raha hoon ya kaunsi hain..."

"Kaunsi..."

"Tumhe bheji hai picture... dekhlo"

She checked her messages to find an old picture of her

She checked her messages to find an old picture of her. How long had he had that.

"Preeti," he called out to her.

"Yeh tho kitni purani... kab ki hai yeh..."

"Tumhe yaad nahi?" He whispered and she thought back with no memory of it.

"Tum se pyaar huwa, baat aage badhi, hamara rishta bhi juda, aur waapis jaa raha tha main jab ehsaas huwa ke sach mein tumhari ek sahi picture nahi thi mere paas. Bas dil mein le kar gaya tha tumhe hamesha, phir ruka nahi gaya.

Kuch pictures liye the aapke Dr. Sab se favourite yeh hai mera. Bohat baatien ki hai isse."

Prem disconnected the call and re dialled a video call. Preeti answered with a hesitant hand.

"Aaj aise baat karien?" He whispered softly. He was in a white t shirt, seated in his room on the couch and Preeti looked down.

"Tum... tumhare paas meri pictures hain... sach mein...?" She asked softly this time.

"Haan, kyun... nahi honi chaiiye?" He asked and she looked at him. "Mujhe kaise nahi pata chala, itna clear picture hai yeh toh."

He laughed out and she frowned.

"Vinod ne jo kaha tha, woh Bhaiyya ki shaadi mein.. sach tha? Tum, tum sach mein...?"