Chapter 15

Preeti hugged her pillow in bed. It was morning finally and he was coming today. She was to see him after two long days and even longer nights. She had missed him. Meeting him after work and spending evenings with his arms around her as she leaned on him. Just his presence had made life beautiful and so different. It was another world.

The warmth and love that radiated from him had made her comfortable and addicted in a few days. The scent of him was another. It made her fuzzy, clouded her senses but yet was the one she had begun to love.

She remembered her first night when she was back. Missing him and feeling low, and the reflection of her days as she sat with her Papa that night was in itself so beautiful.

Her Papa had asked her how her trip was and she had seemed so lost on how to say anything. His love was overwhelming and something that was beyond she could say and he had laughed. "Chalo yeh tho samajh aaya ke bohat achcha raha," and she had smiled looking down.

"Ek baat poochon," he had asked a little seriously and she looked up.

"Pehli baar shayad iss rishte mein tum dono ko ek doosre ko jaanne ka aisa mauka mila. Kuch din saath rahe, waqt bitaya, kya woh wohi hai jisse tu jaanti hai... ya jaisa tu chahti hai woh ho..."

Preeti had looked down, "maine kabhi aisa socha nahi tha Papa, koi ummeed bhi nahi ki. Hamesha jaisa hi tha sab. Bohat caring, har baat ka khayal rakhna, aur haan sach mein khana bohat achcha banaya tha." She had smiled and her Papa had laughed. How could she say that he was a dream come true for any girl and she was the lucky one.

She couldn't wait till evening. He said he would meet her at 5pm directly at the AGM event.

****

Preeti was backstage preparing for the event to begin when Sia called her.

"Jeej aa gaye..." she whispered and Preeti's heart raced.

She couldn't take off her eyes from him as he walked the Red Carpet to his seat next to her Papa. She noticed him looking around as Neha nudged her. "Jaa mil aa... bechaini dono taraf barabar hi hai..." and Preeti shook her head looking down.

*****

Prem walked in and his heartbeat was racing. He had never been outspoken about her. It was always personal between them and coming here today in front of all just for her made him nervous, especially with Pritam Uncle seated next to him.

He had missed her. The two days without seeing her, being without her was loneliness in a different way. He had immersed himself in work and speaking to her was less other than the nights where he couldn't stop himself from calling her. Murmuring words of love as they discussed their days and just thinking of her blushing made him warm and longed to see her more than ever.

His eyes searched for her presence as he scanned the auditorium. Well, he couldn't say much to her with Pritam Uncle with them, even looking at her to contentment would be tough but atleast a glance.

*****

Preeti looked stunning in a light brown lace saree which was fully pleated to her shoulder. Her loose hair, minimal jewellery and the gap showing her waist as she walked pass him with the entire team of doctors just before the event began made his heart race. She had smiled at him as she sat on the other side in the row just in front of him and he hid his smile. How much had he missed her.

He could watch her from the corner of his eyes. She looked beautiful, simple as always and yet so stunning. The only hitch was her waist, that was highlighted with a short blouse on a full pleated low waist saree. She had missed a waist chain. A thin gold one would look sexy on that slim waist of hers.