Chapter 10

Preeti turned on her seat placing the patient files on the shelf behind her and sighed. It had been a long day from 6am and an even longer weekend as Prem had been busy. Both their fathers had decided to visit him for the weekend which had resulted in just late night small conversations before bed.

Wedding preparations had begun in full swing too. Sadhna bhabhi had sat her down and made extensive lists of wedding shopping and planned functions to the last detail as she stayed over the weekend on request by Maa.

Planning the wedding dress and attires for the other functions was her main to do as main shopping began next week.

The surprise call was from Simi who wanted to join her on wedding planning and shopping as she was returning to Mumbai for wedding preparations. It was last minute planning for her as she wanted to wrap up her work committments before the wedding break.

Coming back to her work, she still had to file in AGM work completed. It was almost 7pm when she texted Papa to pick her up. Hopefully she would be done by the time he arrives.

*****

Vinod walked in to the hospital reception and was directed to her cabin.

A knock and he peeped in on her word to enter.

"Aapki sawari haazir hai bhabhi ji..."

"Vinod..." she looked up in surprise and he smiled. "Uncle ki ek achanak meeting nikal aayi tho hume bhej dia aapko lene. Aapne phone uthaya nahi. Kitne smses kitne call kiye aapko."

"Sorry.. woh hospital mein allowed nahi hai tho silent par tha." Preeti smiled as she changed her phone settings.

"Bas do minute. Yeh report main de kar aati hoon. Tum baitho, main abhi aayi"

"No problem," he smiled sitting down on a the small couch in her room when her door knocked again.

"Come in," she said as she gathered her files and was surprised to see Dr. Kirti walk in with a smile.

"Ma'am, main aapke paas aa rahi thi. Woh files ready hain."

"Thank you doctor," Doctor Kirti smiled taking the files. "Woh aapko kuck kehna tha aur ek request bhi karni thi. Kuch urgent hai."

"Kahiye, please baithiye," she gestured as they sat.

"Doctor Preeti, firstly.. Congratulations... aap nominated hain iss saal for the highest honour for new generation doctors of this hospital, The Achievement Award. As we know hamare saare doctors ki dedication beyond question hai par har saal ek special effort ko sarhaya jaata hai."

"Ji Ma'am...." she smiled looking down.

"Ek aur request hai... Aap tho jaanti hain ke Dr Siya pregnant hain aur yeh unka first trimester hai. Woh registered hain hamare hospital se nayi hospital ke liye doctors management team mein jaane ke liye jo abhi advisable nahi hai. Unki doctor hone ke naathe aap khud bhi yehi reccomend karengi.

I know aapki bhi family commitments hain par management ki yeh request hain ke Dr Siya ko aap replace karein. Yakeen kariye maine khud hamare saare hospitals mein koshish ki lekin saare capable doctors ka schedule free nahi hai. Aapko bas 2 session sambhalne hain aur phir you know ke hospital ke apne specialists hain. Bas its for culture incorporation and smooth beginning.

Pehla session jaise ke aap jaanti hai is Thursday se Monday hai for the inspection and final decision before AGM. Doosra December mein hoga hospital inaugeration ke baad."

Preeti looked on as Dr Kirti continued, "Aap ghar par baat kar li jiye. Yeh hospital ka request letter hai. Lonavla ziada door nahi hai yahan se. Aapa please consider kariye ga."