Purani Yaadein vs Some New

Preeti was done with tomatoes as Friday approached. Tomato Ketchup to Tomato Paste to Tomato Puree bottles to many more desi variants of stocking and preserving tomato had landed at home thanks to her husband.

He had ended up sending the tomatoes including the stock of other vendors too, to a ladies shelter home who specialised in preservation cooking methods and were self sufficient in providing for themselves with their culinary skills. Those ladies had sent him bottles of these as a token of gratitude. How did he think of such things and what would she do with all these.

Her husband was as busy as ever and she was hoping for another weekend already. No marketing again, no way. She smiled to herself as she made Tomato Rice. Rahul was in Mumbai and so was Neha and they were alone this weekend.

"Kahan khoyi ho..." a voice interrupted her and she looked behind to spot her husband.

"Kuch nahi.. aap kab neeche aaye..."

"Jab tum muskura rahi thi..." and she smiled as he asked. "Kya baat hai... mujhe bhi batao.."

"Kuch nahi... sach mein..."

"Achcha.. suno... kal raat.. t20 ka final hai..."

"Hmmm..."

"Kal yeh match, waise dekhne ka plan hai jaise kabhi har saal dekhte the.."

Preeti looked at him and he smiled. "Hume bhi order hai.. ke waqt par pohanch jaana hai.."

Preeti looked at him shaking her head. "Yeh plan kab huwa.."

"Abhi 20 minute pehle..." and she sighed as he pulled her close. "Mauka bhi hai. Dastoor bhi.. aur ab aap aur main nahi.. hum hain.."

*******

"Prem bhaiyya... kabhi tho time par aa jao.. hadd ho gayi..." Vinod yelled on the phone and Prem pulled the phone away from his ears as he muttered an apology. "Adha ghanta.. bas.. main highway par hoon.." and disconnected the line as Preeti frowned watching him race.

These matches were the boys night they had once a year atleast. Those were nights they did nothing but all guy stuff like enjoy watching a sporting event, play games and discuss work and world and life in general along with some fun.

After Sangeeta's wedding Anand Babu had become a part of this and Preeti was the only girl as it was generally held at her home and Sangeeta attended occasionally.

A sudden meeting had ruined his plan of leaving before lunch and now he was driving like a crazy F1 racer at 5pm to reach before 6pm as promised.

*******

"Yeh li jiye.. aa gaye" and Vinod made a face as Prem showed up dressed in work clothes and he apologised as he rushed up. "Meeting aa gayi achanak.. 10 minute mein neeche and ready to leave..." he raised his eyes in apology as he raced upstairs to his room and Preeti followed. "Bhabhi aap tayyar hongi abhi.. yeh Prem bhaiyya bhi na.." and Preeti shook her head. "Mujhe der nahi lagegi.."

*******

Carrying bags of munchies Vivek, Prem, Vinod and Anwar bhaijaan walked into Pritam Uncle's place where Anand Babu had just arrived.

"Kaafi waqt baad... Time par ho sab.. chalo aa jao..." and Pritam Uncle welcomed them as they sat comfortable.

"Bhabhi.. aap yahan aaiyye.." Vinod asked Sadhna bhabhi to join him as Preeti sat next to her and Sangeeta followed next to Preeti.

"Anwar... Bahu Begum kahan hai..." Pritam Uncle asked him and he smiled. "Woh Ammi ke yahan hai.."

"Aaiyye bhabhi.. sunate hain aapko iss Mehfil ki kahani.. Yeh shuru huwi jab Maa hume zor shor se match dekhne na deti.. Pritam Uncle hume yahan le aate aur hum phir raat bhar yahin ruk jaate.." Vinod smiled and Sadhna smiled as they rest looked on.