Chapter 12

Prem smiled deep in thought as he packed his stuff. It was 1pm and he was late.

Rahul walked into his cabin with a file. "Yeh file zara..... tu kahan jaa raha hai, woh bhi itni jaldi mein?"

Prem looked up and scowled, "dikha kya dekhna hai..."

"Pehle yeh bol ke tu kahan chala itni jaldi mein? Na tujhe lunch break ka hosh rehta hai na off hone ka aur aaj half day maar raha hai? Aur hume nahi pata?" Rahul sighed dramatically as he sat himself down waiting for reply.

"Dikha bhi de... waise hi der ho gayi hai..."

"Kis baat ki der mere bhai.."

Prem looked away as he tried to explain and Rahul laughed. "Yaar, bhabi kya aayi yahan tu sudhar gaya. Kal tu 4pm gayab aur aaj 1pm. Itne mein yeh haal hai, kal na tu subha 10am se off le aur sunday waise hi off hai."

Prem smiled, "haq hai uska, har waqt har lamhe par mere. Tujhe kaise samjhaoon ke kya hai woh."

"Tere chehre par dikhta hai tere dil ka haal. Aur haan, abhi aisa hai.. shaadi ke baad na tu office ghar se chalana. Bhabhi tho yahin hogi phir. Ab kya tu office aayega aur waapis ghar jaane ki jaldi."

Prem threw the file Rahul had given, back at him. "Maine sign kar diya ab nikal..."

Rahul smiled as he got up, "bhabhi ka dhyaan rakhna aur haan thoda door rehna, bhabhi huwi nahi hone waali hai..."

He made a run as Prem threw an empty file at him and smiled to himself. He had waited for this day like forever and today it was finally here. He had to be quick if he wanted to be on time and plan it well. It was special and he wanted to make sure she felt special too.

****

Preeti came back to the hotel after a busy day. Her morning had been busy touring the hospital with a critical eye for any more improvements and additions required and her noon was spent summing up her briefing with the group till evening.

Not having heard from Prem much since morning other than his sleepy voice waking her up with a good morning call. He had asked her the time she needed to be up by to be on time and remembered to wake her up with a call.

She heard him breathing out a sleepy "good morning jaan" as she tossed in bed early morning. He was probably still in bed himself and her mind was wondering how it would be if he really whispered into her ear to wake her up in the morning than via a call.

Probably with his arm around her as he hugged her from behind and whispered "good morning jaan" and instead of hearing his breathe she could feel it on her neck and then his head dips into her neck for a kiss. She shivered at the thought and snapped out of the feeling as her stomach lurched.

He was bringing out sensations and longings she had never felt and thoughts she had never had, and though the sensations drove her crazy, she just needed him more.

She had texted him during lunch time and he had replied with a short message but she had been too occupied to call him.

The sensations that had reduced during the busy day returned and she touched the thin fabric of the saree. What he had planned she had no idea but the saree was a maybe an indication that it was something special.

Touching up her makeup, she kept it minimal as he preferred that and so did she, she left her hair open. The blouse had shorter sleeves than she normally wore with a deep neckline and the saree was not something she normally wore. But yes it suited her, there was no denying it.

****

She walked out and his breathe hitched. She looked hot, no.... beautiful.... and what not. He had definitely chosen something very light and simple for her knowing that she had always worn a saree only for formal events before.