.10.

"What's wrong Maria? You look pale." Sanyukta reached Maria as soon as she saw her panicking.

"Sir has asked for a very important file which he left at home. He said he need it urgently. Peter is not here too, he isn't even picking up my call. What  will I do now?" Maria wipe off sweat from her forehead.

"It's... It's okay. I can do it."

Can you? Her mind mocks.

She promised she will try to stay miles away from him after what happened last night. But here goes her dedication.

"Oh you will. I swear to God, you are an Angel sanyukta." Maria smiled sweetly at sanyukta. "Let me write the address for you."

Sanyukta nodded praying to all the god she remember.

***

Wooh!

This is not a building.

It's a fucking monument.

The glass shine right back into her eyes which made her eyes shut for once.

She clutched the file tightly in her hands and start moving inside the building.

Maria had told her that she didn't have to face him, she can give the file at the reception.

She was very relieved about that.

Stepping inside the building she take a double take.

It's a fucking paradise.

The interior were so peaceful and perfect.

Damn. He has taste.

She walk slowly towards the reception so she could enjoy the view for a little longer.

But when she reached the reception she found no one.

Wait!

Now what I'm supposed to do with this file.

There is no way she is going to find his room now to give it to him personally.

No.

Never.

She looked around in hope that maybe the receptionist will see her waiting at the counter and will come running to her.

But when she looked around she definitely caught attention of a pair of eye.

Eyes she would never wanted to see. Ever.

Mission abort.

Sanyukta didn't waste a second in turning around to leave.

"Hey sanyukta, is it you?" Her voice is as shrill as it was years ago..

Why God? Why?

She decide to ignore her and walk but when she saw Randhir entering the building from the front she take a sudden about turn.

Wrong move.

Now she was face to face with her childhood 'friend' , Aamayra.

"So it is you. You still running away from me even after so many years." Then she laughed.

Sanyukta hate her Laugh.

"Some things never change." Aamayra said looking up to  down at sanyukta body.

Fuck..... Somebody kill me. Please.

Within second Aamayra look behind her and wave her hands happily in air.

"Babeeeeee." Aamayra whined happily before Randhir emerge from behind and Aamayra gave him a side hug.

Fuck.

Out of all the people in the world.

Out of all the people in the fucking world.

Sanyukta didn't look up at Randhir. She don't want to. She don't want to look anywhere. She want to go home. It's going to be a very very bad day.

"Babe you remember how I used to tell you about a girl we used to make fun of in high school?" Aamayra asked excitedly to Randhir.

She fucking talk about me.

Can this day be any better?

"Well here she is." Aamayra pointed at sanyukta.

I told you, kill me already. Please.

"Come on sanyukta, Show me your braces?" Aamayra laughed.

It was their old joke in hight school. They used to ask her this question whenever she stands up to answer any questions of teaching. Or whenever she smiles. Or talk.

She don't want to go back in past. She had become more mature than these kids.

But then, there she saw Randhir watching and listening. Judging. Probably enjoying.

"You remember how much you cried when Dexter took your glasses and played football with them." Aamayra laugh again. That's all they could ever do. This is there level.

Sanyukta was done. She could feel the tears burning her eyes. But she hold herself back. She is stronger than that. She looked at Randhir for the last time and found him already pissed.

Sanyukta put the file on a small table beside them with a slam. "I have to go."

"No. Wait. Dexter would love to see you. Let me find him." Aamayra looked around.

Fuck no. Dexter is sanyukta's worst nightmare.

"I have to go." She told them. More to Randhir. Hoping he would understand the situation.

Aamayra clutch sanyukta wrist tightly in one hand.

"He was just around here few seconds ago." Aamayra kept looking around.

Sanyukta couldn't hold it any longer. Her deep buried anxiety and fear of bulling came burning up on her skin as sweat.

She want to go home. She want to go home and cry to death.

"Randhir." The little pleading  reached his ears.

"Let her go." Randhir order was firm. Aamayra pouted in protest but one stern look from those dazzling eyes and Aamayra grip began to loosen up.

That's all sanyukta needed to run. She ran. Literally. As fast as she can. She want to go far far away from these people. She thought she had run enough from her past but her past keep following her like shadow.

Tears began to spill freely and she haven't even make it up to the parking yet.

She couldn't.

She tried walking few steps more but failed miserably.

She rest her back against a car, trying to take deep breath.

It's just a panic attack. It will go away.

But she couldn't hold it anymore. She broke down. Just beside a car in an empty parking lot.

Falling on her knees, face buried in her palms, she cried and cried and cried.

She was totally unaware that the owner of the house in which she is currently living , was watching from the window of his office. That's when he called Peter.

Thank you so much.

Please vote and comment.

I hope you like it.