Soulmates (Changbin and Felix AU)

When you're born, you are given a necklace with a half a heart. The half of a heart ONLY connects to your soulmate.

FIRST PERSON POINT OF VIEW - FELIX

————

When you're born, you are given a necklace. It never comes off and has one soul purpose.

To find your soulmate.

It's a simple sliver chain with a half heart.

When you get close enough to your soulmate, you will hear the soft click that everyone in the world knew about.

When hearing the soft click, you have found your soulmate.

It's rare that you see people dating, let alone marrying, outside the necklace.

It's insane how many times I've seen dates go wrong because there was no click.

People have been driven to suicide by not being able to find their soulmate or trying to get the necklace off.

It never works.

One thing that was cute about it all was when little kids necklaces clicked. Everyone around them would gasp and giggle at them. The two kids would run off to their friends in embarrassment. 

It was such a cute sight but awful meaning.

If you couldn't guess by now, I don't honestly like the necklaces.

Why should I be subjected to one person?

What if my soulmate was a girl and my gay butt has to break her heart?

What if I die before they found me?

What if THEY die before I found them?

There was so many what if's that I found the necklaces outrageous but since it's such a big deal, I pretend it's a big deal.

Mom and Dad always talk about theirs.

It was a sweet story but I'm tired of hearing about them and their love.

It hearts my head hearing them talk about how it's the best thing in the world to hear that click.

It's so annoying to hear the click everyday.

You'll be walking in the grocery store and hear it.

You could be using the bathroom and hear it.

You could be swimming in a pool and hear it.

Fuck, I could even hear it when I went to sleep.

I realize I may sound bitter and petty but when all you hear is, "soulmates, blah, blah, blah, necklaces, blah, blah, blah, click, blah, blah,-" it becomes a pain in the ass.

Australia was so big on it, that they even had a dance at every high school dedicated to finding your soulmate.

I always skipped out and binged watch the Marvel movies while eating ice cream.

School was a fricking breeding ground for soulmates.

The girls caring a little more then the guys.

The girls would run around and accidentally bump into people to see if it would click.

I've had like 7 girls already bump into me today and they all knew I was gay.

Guys for sure avoided me after I came out.

I always hid my necklace under my shirt or hoodie or something. I hated the thing being out in the open. The cold necklace always reminding me that I will probably forever be alone with the attitude I had towards them.