Chapter 14 Sports week

It is many weeks later. My Class is deciding representatives for the sports week that is coming up.

"Okay class we have many competitions to wi-i mean participate in, today we will be deciding who will run the individual races!"

Our homeroom Kawayuki sensei said
And wrote the competitions category with numbers below them, the numbers being how many people will participate in it.

The class needed representatives for these competitions and sensei decided to push it out of us. "Classs.. Does anyone want to voluntarily participate~?" She said eyeing us down one by one.

I look to Kirin, she wore a smile on her face, she looks confident with herself rightnow.
"Hey" i said to make her look at me.

"You seem fired up"  i din't realize i was smiling myself by just looking at her.

She lets out a cute and small giggle.
"Yeah i am, im going to participate in the 100 meter race!" She said fisting the air with her small hands.

I laughed to myself and we started conversing non stop about the upcoming competitions.

While the others are pointing fingers at eachother deciding who will run this race, Kirin and i thought that no one would join the competition that gave us time to enjoy our conversation without the interruption of raising our hands to volunteer.

Class is dismissed for break, Taka and The twins went out for another game of basketball. Kirin asked me to acompany her to Kawayuki-sensei who looks devastated because no one wanted to join the competitions, just as expected.

"Excuse us Kawayuki-sensei" kirin asked the woman who is slumped down on the teachers desk.

She seemed pretty tired of trying to convince someone in the class to try and join the competition, but Kirin's words lightened her up instantly.

"I would like to Join the 100 meter race!" Kirin said excitedly.

"You would?!" She said shocked
"I-i-i thankyou Kumatsuka, i was so upset that none of the girls wanted to represent our class, im so happy that you wanted to" sensei beamed of happiness at kirin and then turned to look at me.

"What about you Kashima? Would you like to join hmm" she looks at her notebook before continuing "the three legged race?"

Well i din't have anything else to do at that day besides supporting Kirin with her race so i'll try it out.
"Yes sensei i would, but who will be my partner?"

Sensei beamed once again with greatfullness but immediately stopped after i asked the question.
"Oh, your partner will be decided after this, understood?"

"Understood sensei"
"Alrighty please return to your seats now, break time is already over"

Kirin and i took our seats, and suddenly she elbowed me.
"You din't tell me you wanted to race too!" She said giving me a smirk.

"Well i could always use excersise" i paused before looking at her "and a throphy" i said grinning cockily at her.
"Hey! Im gonna take the gold at my race too" "You wanna make a bet?" I raised an eyebrow at her still having a small grin on my face.

"Your on! If i win you treat me to lunch at the weekend" she said crossing her arms and looking at me with a cocky smile.

"Deal, and if i win?" I asked curiously.
"Its the same" she giggled "you treat me to lunch to celebrate your win"

What the heck? Aw.. Well.. having lunch with her is already fine i guess.
"How is that fair?" I scoffed playfully.
She giggled "its alright, we're celebrating your win"

"Fine fine" i said brushing her of. She giggles and gave me a hit on the shoulders.

I only smiled to myself and the comfortable silence after kirin's weak punches wad interrupted by Kawayuki-sensei.

Thrid person's pov

"Alright class, we finnaly found our representatives for the upcoming individual competition at the sports week, but we're missing one more person and that is a partner for Kashima at the three legged race"

All of the girls gasped (excpet Kirin) and suddenly rioted saying their names to the sensei, some of them even mauled the sensei upfront basically threatening her to write their names on her notebook.

"Girls! All of you sit down or i will write no one in this notebook!" Sensei shouted making all of the girls sit down and act like nothing had just happened.

The sensei was visibly shocked and scared at the same time. "A tornado calmed in a second" she thought to herself.

"Ehem.. So i decided to write 'partner' in one of these small slips of paper. You all will take one slip of paper and if you get that slip that says 'partner' you will race the three legged race with Kashima"

The girls all sat there anxious and excited at the same time took one slip of paper only to find out none of them was Kotarou's partner, but a certain green haired, single pony tailed, short girl that is in the track team din't have the same case as the others.

Because her paper had the words
"Partner"