Chapter 38 A choice made

It is 2 weeks later at the Kumatsuka's residence, Kirin had just woken up and texted her boyfriend a good morning before springing out of bed and going downstairs to prepare some breakfast for her beloved mom and dad.

Apron ready, fish is grilling for her dad and the miso soup and natto ready for her mom, Breakfast was done perfectly in no time, Kirin heard 2 pairs of foot steps come down and looked to the direction, right on queue it was her mom already prepared and her dad with messy hair and sleepy eyes.

"Good morning mom and dad~" The girl cheerily said and waved her two parents, "Morning Kirin dear" the two loving couple greeted their daughter back and sat down at the table to be greeted by a great breakfast, All prepared single handedly by their daughter.

"the grilled fish is delicious Kirin!" Satoru squealed through his sleepy daze, being sleepy on the edge of faceplanting the table won't stop him from praising his amazing little angel. "thanks dad, here enjoy~" she said and set a mug of coffee and a cup of tea for her mother.

Yayoi smiled at their father and daughter interaction, but suddenly a question popped up in her mind "Kirin dear, have you decided your clubs yet?" the question lingered in her daughter's ears and her eyes widened in realization. "I-I can't believe I forgot!" she exclaimed.

and she went over to their parents and sat down and slumped her head and hands on the table, "Im confused because I have to turn down my clubs.." she mumbled just enough for the two to hear. "Why turn down the clubs? you can join them can you not?" Satoru asked munching on the grilled fish.

"W-well the thing is, the soccer team's manager quitted and their still looking for a new one" She stuttered and fidgeted with her fingers. Her two parents had a smile after they pieced the puzzles together, Soccer club manager and Kirin means that she wants to be close to Kotarou and support him, and they have no objections againts that.

"You can turn down the drama club dear, the soccer club manager is hard and very time taxing work you don't have time for any other clubs, be sure to talk it with the supervisor of the track team" Yayoi said as she set her chopsticks down.

"B-but mom.." She tried to say that she should just rethink her decision but suddenly Satoru started tearing up. "M-my little angel so kind!" He wipes the tears away from his eyes. "Dad!"

------

Kirin's Pov

"Good morning Mr Satoru, Kumatsuka Sensei" Kotarou bowed and greeted my parents. "Good morning to you too Kotarou-Kun, our little angel has a su-"

dad was cut of by mom covering his mouth with her hand, we had agreed to let me tell him since we know dad will say it in a embarrassing way, yet he already forgot.

"Best be going dears be safe now" Mom smiled at us and told us of. we waved them goodbye and we started our walk to school, "What was that all about?" Kotarou asked. "Nothing important~"

"Had the girls texted you anything?" Kotarou arched an eyebrow at me. "Yeah saturday at the mall again.. Are we going?" I shot a question back.

Kotarou looked away for a second he was thinking about it, "Well.. I kind of wanted to spend the weekend with you alone.. Just the two of us" He looks back. "But if you want to we can"

"W-well i want to spend it with you too but theres that-" I fidgeted in my place, "Strawberry boba drink?" He found out?!, "how do you know?" I asked with my face flushed red. "It's pretty obvious, how about we cut the mall short and go home earlier?" He asked.

"I'd like that, we can watch movies and eat snacks" i smiled at him and he smiled back at me, "we can do a little more than that if you want to~" Kotarou smirked a devil's one, "that bite hurted Y'know" i complained and pouted with my cheeks puffed up and face flushed red.