Chapter 45 tiger's birthday

Kirin's Pov

29th of July, a day before Kota's Birthday, we're turning 17 this year and I can't wait for what the new page in my life could bring when im with Kotarou.

"Kirin dearr.. package" I heard mom call out from downstairs, I was just putting some finishing touches on the present box that I made myself.

"Coming.." I shouted back and got myself off my bed and made my way downstairs, mom had already signed it for me. "thanks mom!" I took the present and grinned widely while looking at it.

But suddenly i felt a hand pat me on the head i look behind to see my dad.. Crying? "Thanks for th- Dad?! What's wrong?" I asked alarmed by what the hell is he's crying about.

"I- my little girl is just so sweet!" He said and hugged me tightly, dramatic as always but i wouldn't change him for the world, i giggled in my place but suddenly mom did the same and wrapped her arms around me.

"H-huh? Mom? Dad?" The confused me said as they weren't saying anything and i was just a burrito wrapped around their arms.

"You've grown up so much dear, it's just sometimes a little hard to see it but we're here ready to support you and Kotarou-Kun all the way" Mom said gently, i tried so hard not to laugh but ended up bursting anyways.

"Mom, dad this is just Kotarou's 17th birthday, im just giving him a present not my hand in marriage" i giggled again and soon they too laughed with me.

Thanks anyways for your never ending support, it's something i wouldn't want to end.

--------

"Giggles so we're going to that restaurant for your birthday right?" I asked Kotarou through the video call.

-Yeah, it's just the guys, twins and you.. No more than that it's too crowded- he said as he laid down on his bed.

"Why don't you go to somewhere extravagant like the mall or throw a big party or something?"

-you know i don't like crowded places that much, and it's just another birthday, and... I don't really like to spoil myself-

I giggled yet again, it's true that Kotarou doesn't like to spoil himself, but he spoils me all the time with his presents and affection. "Yeah but don't use all that money on me, save it for crying out loud"

-chuckle yeah yeah alright, go to sleep now it's 11.30-

I whined, i wanted to be the first that says happy birthday to him. "But i wanted to say a happy birthday for you first"

-it won't be a happy birthday if you don't sleep early, besides i'll pick you up and make sure you're the first to say a happy birthday to me, sounds good?-

I nodded with a smile and waved him a goodbye through the camera, he waved back and hung up, i put my phone down next to that framed picture of the two of us and slept the night away.

-------

Kota's Pov

Morning came, 30th of july. I smiled to myself and slammed the damn alarm to silence it. I couldn't wait to be wished a happy birthday from Kirin so i got my clothes out and ran to the showers.

One shower later and im ready in my uniform, the day's not cloudy nor was the air cold. I wore only the school uniform and looked at the weekly schedule.

'Gym class' i read and got to my closet again and grabbed my gym outfit, stuffed it in my bag then went downstairs.

Obaa-san and saikawa already left before me, they had told me guests were rolling in from other schools so they had to be there early today.