Chapter Forty-Two

AN: Okay I'm not gonna lie, I was totally lost on this chapter. I didn't know how to do it and it's kinda weird but here it is.

"Hi," her voice came out in a whisper. She could barely believe everything that was going on. Her head was pounding and everything felt weird. At the same time, however, she finally felt okay again.

A chuckle left Edmund's mouth when she spoke. He'd been hearing her voice for the past few days but this was different. Everything had changed because he knew that she knew him again.

"Hey Parker," he spoke through a smile, not wanting to let go of her.

"I missed you," she said, finally letting go of him.

"Well, technically, you just saw me a few days ago." He said with a small smirk. Of course he knew what she meant. He knew what she meant because he felt the same exact way.

"It wasn't the same." She said, slightly tilting her head to the side as she looked at him with a genuine smile on her face.

"So, what happened?" He asked, getting a confused look from Madelyn.

"I mean Caspian told us that you just disappeared one day. And a year later, you came back with no memory of Narnia. How did that happen?" Her eyebrows furrows. It confused her too and it took her a second to gather her thoughts since everything in her head felt jumbled up.

"Um, I..." She trailed off, thinking for a moment.

"I went on a ride with Eugene and a bit into the forest, I started hearing... voices." She said slowly.

"So I stopped to check it out and after that, all I remember is waking up in England. With no memory of Narnia." She said, looking more confused with each work.

"I don't know how it happened, but after that, I spent a year in Finchley and I told you about the library and how I got here." She finished, with a sigh.

Edmund didn't speak for a moment, just thinking about it. Then he remembered something. Edmund reached for the chain around his neck, pulling it out from under his shirt.

She gasped, seeing the ring hanging from the chain.

"That's right, you had it. When I woke up in Finchley, I thought I lost it somewhere. I spent days searching for it." She lightly touched the ring hanging on the bottom of the chain.

He took it off, putting it around her neck.

"Thank you for taking care of that for me." She said, smiling at him.

"You know, we were scared you wouldn't even wake up. You've been unconscious for more than a week." Edmund, said looking at her.

"Aw, you were worried about me Eddie." She said with a cheeky smile, teasing him. He rolled his eyes with a smile.

Eddie.

It had been so long since he last heard her call him that. He'd missed it so much.

"You were out for a week. Of course I was worried." He said, a bit seriously.

"It's not gonna be that easy to get rid of me." She said with a laugh.

"I don't want to get rid of you." He said, stepping closer to her and glancing down at her lips for a short second.

She noticed how close they were standing and felt her heart starting to beat faster. Her eyes flickered up to his dark eyes.

It felt like they stood there for hours when in reality, it had only been a split second.