Chapter Forty-Seven

AN: Hey guys! Okay so I wanted to let everyone know that I might not post again until after Wednesday because I have a few big tests coming up and I'm kinda freaking out about them. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys this chapter. :)

"We can't be sure the other lords even made it to Ramandu's island," Caspian said as he inspected the swords sitting on the table in front of him. Madelyn sat beside him while Edmund stood out in the balcony, leaning on the railing.

"I guess we won't know until we get there." Madelyn said, randomly picking at the threads coming out of her shirt. She was hoping her nerves weren't too obvious but she couldn't help feeling stressed.

"Quit doing that," Caspian put the sword on the table and glared at her, swatting at her hand. She shook her head, scowling at him.

Edmund raised an amused eyebrow at the two.

"What is your problem?" She asked, frustratedly. It was clear everyone was starting to see that she had been on edge lately.

"You need to calm down." He said, looking at her seriously. She rolled her eyes at him before getting up and walking towards Edmund. She wrapped her arms around him, standing beside him.

"He's right." Edmund said with an arm wrapped around her.

"I came here because I thought you would be on my side." She furrowed her eyebrows in annoyance.

"I'm not taking sides. I'm just saying that you've been on edge lately." He said, shrugging.

She didn't know why she felt this way. But the closer they got to the island, the more restless she started feeling. She could barely even sit still anymore.

***

Not long after, they finally reached the island. The moonlight set a dreamy blue glow over the otherwise lonely island. The sun had set a while ago leaving the only light source to be the moon.

They made their way through the forest, and Madelyn couldn't help but notice that the island seemed awfully quiet as if everything had suddenly gone silent.

Madelyn stayed close to Edmund, keeping one hand wrapped around her sword. She didn't feel particularly comfortable in the darkness of the island which when she thought more about it felt as if it were darker on the island than it was back in the ship.

The only thing lighting up the dark path in front of them was the flashlight that Edmund was holding tightly in his hand.

Finally, after what felt like hours of walking deeper and deeper into the forest, they came across a table. It was covered in more food than she could imagine. The rest of the crew's pace immediately sped up seeing all the food.

"Mmm, food." Muttered Tavros from behind her, starting to reach for the table.

She looked at the food with furrowed eyebrows. She wondered why there would be a table full to the brim with food in the middle of the forest.

"Wait," Drinian held out his arm to stop Tavros who confusedly turned to Drinian wondering why Drinian stopped him.

"Oh no this isn't weird at all. All the forests I've been to have tables like this." Madelyn muttered under her breath, thinking no one heard her. Edmund heard and elbowed her lightly with a roll of his eyes.

At the end of the table, there were oddly shaped bushes or at least that's what they seemed to be at first glance. But when Edmund shined a light on the bushes, he jumped back seeing that they weren't actually bushes. They were people.