Prologue

It was lightly starting to rain as Madelyn made her way down the street towards her home. Although, on second thought, she would rather not call it home. It hadn't been home in quite a few years and it probably wouldn't be one ever again. Sure the thought of this was a little depressing, but it was the truth and Madelyn had learned to accept it.

Madelyn slipped her backpack off her shoulders and held it over her head to shield her head from the rain which had started to get worse. The sky was bleak and gray, mirroring her own mood that day- or maybe every day. Madelyn picked up her pace stopping for a second in front of the main road to look both ways before running across. She was shivering slightly. The weather that day hadn't been particularly cold, however, due to the rain, the breeze had gotten colder as well as stronger.

By the time she reached the house, her bag was drenched and it hadn't done the best job keeping her dry. Everything inside the bag was most likely wet as well. Not that there was anything too important. Just some schoolwork and graded papers that she was supposed to get signed by her parents to ensure they knew that she was failing just about all of her classes. It's not that she was a bad student. Up until a few years ago, Madelyn was a straight-A student. Although now, it's not that she was having trouble understanding the content, she just didn't want to. It seemed to her as if there could be a million things she could be doing rather than pay attention to math.

This can't be it. There has to be more to this. If all she was supposed to do in life was grow up, have children, then die, she didn't want it.

Her hair was dripping all over the floor and her clothes- which consisted of her school uniform- were completely wet, leading to her white button-down becoming rather see-through. Madelyn made her way across the house and into her bedroom at the other end of the house so that she could dry herself and change into new clothes.

Madelyn started taking her hair out of the tight braid, running her fingers through the knots, and wincing a little when it pulled too much. With her left hand, she grabbed the doorknob, turning it, and opening the door. Focused on her hair, she let the door close behind her, not paying too much attention to her surroundings.

Taking a few more steps, Madelyn felt that something was off about the room. Her shoes seemed to be sinking into the ground a bit, which was rather odd since her room had hardwood floors. However, this wasn't the only thing that made her think about it. She'd been walking for a suspiciously long time considering her room was fairly small.

Finally, Madelyn gave in and decided to take a look away from her hair. Madelyn had herself convinced that she was just imagining things, but when she looked up, her jaw dropped. All she could do was stand there in shock, staring at what was in front of her.

<One: Preview>

"Narnia?" was all she managed to say. Madelyn cringed at how helpless and clueless she sounded.

"It's hard to explain. How'd you get here?" Asked Peter.

"I'm not exactly sure..." She trailed off, trying to remember if she'd done something to get here. Somehow, her arrival here- which hadn't been that long ago- felt a tad fuzzy already.