RWBY Vol. 8 Part 1

AYO GUESS WHO BACK, BITCHES?! ITS ME, YA DRAGON BOI!!!!!!

--No POV--

An airship flies past the Grimm, strangely ignoring the passengers within it as they approach the huge whale-like Grimm flying through the air. Landing within the landing pad made of bone, they climb out and head toward a certain direction.

Neo looks around with slight disgust of the fleshy cave before staring at the woman she constantly hears from Cinder, the other passenger that was on the same airship with her.

Cinder: *kneels* My queen... (The pale woman stood up from her throne and looked at her.)  | Salem: Cinder...when I chose you to my vessel for the Maidens, I put my trust in you...

Salem: So I trust that you wouldn't possibly return to me empty-handed...? | Cinder: *reveals a blue lamp with intricate gold accents* The Relic of Knowledge. I took it right under Ironwood's nose. (Neo looks at Cinder with disbelief before crossing her arms with a frown)

Tyrian: Outsmarting the General speaks less to your intellect and...more to his. After all, you were outsmarted by those children first! | Cinder: And according to radio chatter, that same General, his forces, outsmarted you. A shame Watts never made it back.

Tyrian: *smirks* I'm afraid the doctor was a necessary sacrifice. I do hope this little worm doesn't become another... (Neo stares at Tyrian.) | Salem: ...who is she? | Cinder: Neopolitan has some very useful abilities, and has proven to be a valuable asset. | Salem: Hm, you do certainly enjoy collecting assets.

The sound of flesh being torn apart was heard and Mercury, Emerald, and Hazel entered the room.

Emerald: Cinder! You're here! (she runs toward Cinder) I knew you'd--! | Cinder: Quiet. (Emerald stops in her tracks, surprised.)

Tyrian: *clicks his tongue* So devoted to someone so incompetent while the good doctor and I were advancing the will of our goddess, and dismembering the very body of this kingdom...! (to Cinder) You were merely atoning for past failures...

Cinder: Their Special Officer, William, interfered with the transfer of the Winter Maiden power, but now I know he has it. And once I return to Atlas, it won't take long to finish what I started. That power will be mine. (Salem raises her hand, quieting Cinder immediately) | Salem: I've given no such command.  | Cinder: *shakes her head in disbelief* Ma'am! Now's the time to--!

Salem places her hand on her thrown and focuses, making the Grimm they're inside groan with the flesh walls pulsating with a red glow.

Salem: This game is not yours to win, Cinder. It's mine. Just because you're more valuable to me than one does not make you a player. Everything is already in motion. All you need concern yourself with is the ability to act when I tell you to. | Cinder: Of course...without you I am nothing...

And so, Salem waved her hand again, dismissing her subjects as she walks off with the Lantern.

--Ruby's POV--

Maria slows down our aircraft as we spot Oscar down at Mantle. He was cautious as he had Ozpin's weapon ready, but Ruby opened the door and eventually got him on board.

Oscar: I was stupid to think the General would listen...every choice I made was the wrong one, and now... | Ruby: We all did what we thought was best. I'm just glad you're alright.

--Y/n's POV--

May: I know, Sector 3 is going to need the most help. I'm sending backup your way right now. Fiona, do you copy? We need transport from Sector 3 to the crater. | Fiona: *radio* Copy!