Rwby Vol. 8 Part 6

--No POV--

Ozpin: I'd like to express again that this is my burden to bear, not yours...his grudge is with me. | Oscar: No it'll be even worse. He's holding back with me, I can tell.

Hours have past when Oscar was captured. Salem talked with him a little bit, asking for the password for the Relic of Knowledge, only for the boy to predictably keep such secret away from her. So, she brought in Hazel to try and beat it out of him. So far, Oscar stayed strong even if he's bruised in several places.

Ozpin: I understand, I do, but you've done so much already. The least I can do is give you a break and try to get us out of here. | Oscar: We can't leave yet. This is our chance. | Ozpin: Hmm, maybe you've taken one too many hits. | Oscar: Salem, she knows she can't take on the world at once, so she doesn't. She has her followers work their way in, sabotaging us from the inside out. | Ozpin & Oscar: Maybe we should do the same...! | Ozpin: We certainly are similar, you and I.  Maybe we have been presented with an opportunity.

The door opens and Hazel steps into the room again...

Oscar: Great... | Ozpin: Oscar, please.

Big burly man grabbed Oscar and bashed him against the wall.

Hazel: You don't need to fight this war, kid. Tell me what I need and we can be done. | Ozpin: *takes control* Hello, Hazel. | Hazel: Coward! All this time, it could have been you, but you let him suffer.  (He throws Ozpin to the ground) Now tell us how this damned lamp works. The boy has suffered enough. (approaches him) | Ozpin: *stands up* Why do you follow her?

Hazel kicks him back down.

Ozpin: I know. (coughs) I know how you see me, but her, look at what she does. How is she the answer? Why not stop her? | Hazel: *walks around* Salem can't be stopped. She's a force of nature. I've seen it first hand, but you, you send children to their deaths. (he grabs hold of a bone spike and ripped of the tip of it, along with a decent chunk) For a cause that you know has no victory, no end! | Ozpin: Someone has to try! Salem isn't a force of nature because Salem can be fought! Unless she brings the relics together, if that happens... | Salem: Ozma...

Silently, the Queen of the Grimm appeared by the door.

Salem: You have wonderful timing. The show is about to begin.

So, they move out to a bigger area with a throne made of bones in the middle and the same Grimm that caught Oscar earlier beside it. It lied down like a dog while Cinder, Tyrian, Mercury, Emerald, Hazel, and Oscar kneeled in front of Salem.

Salem: We have good news. Tyrian has heard from our dear colleague Watts. (she walks toward him as he hands her a Scroll) Although he remains in captivity, it seems that he has worked with Ironwood to gain some control over the puppet that is protecting the foolish Draconazha masquerading as the Winter Maiden. I suppose he remains useful after all. Speaking of which, Cinder...

A hiss came from her Grimm arm as she starts to wriggle in pain.

Salem: You chose to disobey my specific instructions, just to fail again. And I've realized, it's all my fault. You've fought your whole life unwaveringly for what you want and here I am holding you back, instead of lifting you up. (the pain fades as Cinder moved her hand up to softly grip Salem's hand)

Salem: You deserve so much more than I've given you. Go to Atlas, recover Watts, he can lead you to the boy. (the wolf Grimm sniffs Neo, Emerald, and Cinder) Whether you or my Hound get to her first, you will finally have the Winter Maiden's power and I will have my staff. | Ozpin: You'll only be helping her bring about the end for all of you! (Hazel grabbed his shoulder and smashed him to the ground, later presenting him to Salem)