RWBY Vol. 8 Part 12

--No POV--

Ironwood: Be ready for anything...we don't know what state Penny or William are in.

Standing in front of his Academy, the General readies the Ace-Ops as they wait for the two prized individuals.

Harriet: If any of those brats have the nerve to come with her, we put them down immediately. The General gave his terms. No more games. (Vine sighs) Is there a problem...? | Vine: Just...retracing the steps that lead us here...

Elm quietly hums while Ironwood got a notification concerning Robyn and Qrow.

Harriet: What is it, sir? | Ironwood: Qrow and Robyn, they're in the Academy hanger. | Vine: Trying to stop the payload. | Ironwood: Or just looking for a way out. | Harriet: Not going to happen. I've been waiting for taking a shot at those two. (readies her exo-skeleton) | Elm: But, someone needs to stay here with the General. | Winter: I'll stay. We lose the payload, we lose our leverage. | Ironwood: She's right. Contain it, now.

The three turn and left. Marrow, unfortunately, have been "captured" for "betrayal". However, before he would've been shot by the General, Winter stepped in and apprehended him, knowing that Ironwood is going too far.

Winter: Sir, this course of action... | Ironwood: *squints his eyes at her* I hope you're not going to talk me out of this. | Winter: *makes eye contact* ...no, sir. I don't think that's possible.

Penny flew by and land at a distance from the two. Ironwood points his new giant gun at her, readying at powerful green blast of energy similar to what is powering Penny.

Ironwood: I didn't think you actually come alone. (he gives Winter the gravity bolas and she goes to cuff her) I expected some resistance. | Penny: I don't want anyone else to die. I must open the vault.

With the bolas in place, Winter walks back to Ironwood's side and unsheathed her rapier while Ironwood lets out a relieved sigh and lowering his weapon.

Ironwood: *walks up to her and places his arm on her shoulder* You've done the right thing. (soft smile) | Penny?: I have. Feels weird.

Penny's image flickered and it revealed Emerald, along with Jaune's team, and the addition of Oscar, Niko, and William. Emerald backflip kick James and disoriented him, opening him up for William slam him to the ground and disarm the General from his weapon.

(Can anyone point out what's the song played in this moment? I'd love to listen to it, sounds such an inspirational song)

Emerald caught the weapon and disappears while William was somehow thrown off of the General due to his prosthetic strength. Jaune steps in first and cuts him off from attacking William. He lets out his shield's knockback ability after sharing a couple hits and Oscar attacks the  General with Ozpin's cane, only for the boy to be punched away.

Niko and William double teamed Ironwood, holding their ground for a good 15 seconds before the Draconazha was slammed into Niko with his own body. Ren shoots his grapple at the General's feet and yanked him toward him, grabbing his attention and later kicked away. A familiar sound was heard and he turns to see Winter assisting Nora by supplying her with lightning, greatly buffing her as Ironwood is shocked to see his most trusted ally "betray" him.

With him distracted, Nora slammed her hammer against the side of the General's head and he skid along the ground, recovering as William charged at him again but now with spectral armor from Winter covering his body. The two powerhouses clashed fists and the very ground beneath them cracked from their immense strength.