38. Take care

The ride back home was awkward. The adrenaline died down and both became aware of what just happened. It was evident that not only Swara but Aarsh felt weird too because a couple of times he almost hit the car in front. His mind was still in his office where he had kissed her and she had reciprocated. He could still taste her cherry lip-gloss and it was not doing any good to his disturbed mind.

Swara's condition was not any better if not worse. She had been fidgeting with her hair ever since, to the point that some of them even broke  from the end and strangled her fingers. Not that she noticed it. Just like Aarsh, she kept thinking about their kiss in his office. She always wanted to have an office romance whenever she used to read or watch anything related but dropped the idea when she got married, now it was starting to come to life again and she had just felt it. But more than that she was concerned about what will happen when they'll reach home. What will happen when they will be alone in their room after today's event? Maybe she wanted things to go forward but at the same time she didn't. The awkward silence that consumed them just after a kissing session was eating her already and she didn't want thing to become anymore awkward.

They reached home and ate dinner in silence as others had already eaten. When Swara came back after putting the remaining dishes in the fridge, Aarsh had already changed and was sitting on the bed, in the middle of the bed to be exact. It wasn't anything out of ordinary since they slept holding each other for the past few days but after today...it just felt weird. Swara went straight to the bathroom after taking her night cloths and debated what to do for several minutes. When nothing came to her, she decided to just go out and see whats happens. When she was about to go out, she heard Aarsh's ringtone go off and thought it's a good time to go out. She went and was about to lay when Aarsh spoke.

"Right now?" his voice clearly showed how tired he was and he did nothing to hide it. "Can't it be tomorrow?" he waited for a while and then replied with a sigh "Fine. I'll be there." and started to get up. "Keep everything ready."

It was clearly a call from THE company and he certainly can't postpone it. "You have to go now?" Swara asked shocking herself of the disappointment in her voice and tried to cover it up by helping Aarsh with his things like packing up his laptop and putting it back in his laptop bag while Aarsh got changed in the closet. "Isn't it a little late?"

"Our target might flee by tomorrow." he replied when he came out. She picked up his tie and went over to him to tie it. It had become kind of a routine whenever he is going for company work for her to tie his tie. At first it was because he had a small injury on his hand but now she took liking of it. Like it was her way of telling him to be safe and Aarsh knew it too. Aarsh kept staring at her as Swara tied it although she was trying very hard to avoid his eyes. "It might take me a day or two to come back" he said quietly and she looked up at that. He hadn't been gone for that long, at least not after she knew everything. a day was max and he always returned at night. "Will you be okay on your own?" he asked when she was done with the tie.

No

She wanted to say but did otherwise. "Of course, I'm not a child okay?" she said with a laugh, not wanting to stress him out before the mission and picked up his bag. "You got everything you needed?" she asked holding his bag up. He nodded and took from her. They walked silently to the main door where his car was waiting for him.

"Martin will start your's and Shreya's training tomorrow at 4 AM. Don't be lazy and get up early okay?" he teased to which Swara nodded with a smile. "Tell mom and dad that I had to.."

"..go and didn't had a choice. I know and they'll understand. Now stop worrying and go, I'll take care of everything here and in office. Just focus on your mission." She promised and pushed him towards his car a little.

"Right, one last thing." Aarsh turned back and gave Swara a peck on the lips. A quick but lingering peck. "Take care." he said and quickly left.

Swara was rooted to the place and it took her a few seconds to register that the guard that brought Aarsh car was still standing there so she quickly dashed inside and went up to their room before releasing a squeal, but soon realized how lonely and cold the room and bed looked after knowing that Aarsh would not be here tonight. She went to bed in fear that her nightmares will return but that became impossible when she didn't have a blink of sleep.

***

At three O'clock she decided to leave the idea of sleep and got up to get dressed of the training. She also had to wake Shreya and she did that.

"Shreya. Shreya." Swara said while entering Shreya's room. "Nanad Baisa uth jaaiye. It's the first day of our training! Get up!" she said as she removed Shreya's comforter.

"Bhabhi please!! just let me sleep for five more minutes." Shreya said sleepily.

"Shreya!! It's already 3:30. Your bhai will scold me if we are late on our first day." she said trying to wake nanad.

"I saw Bhai's car leaving last night. He's not here, so let me sleep." Shreya said Swara became anxious by the thought of her catching them kissing but when she didn't say anything else, Swara concluded that she might just have seen his car going.

"Don't you know Martin is basically your brother's spy who tells him about everything. He will know that we are late in no time. Shreya. Shreya get up!" Swara finally gets to pull her in a sitting position and starts to pull her to the bathroom before Shreya sleeps again and splashes cold water on her. 

"Bhabhi!!" Shreya exclaimed while trying to catch her breath.

"I didn't had any choice. You were basically sleep walking just now. And I could control myself." She shrugged with a laugh. "Now get ready because it seems like your sleep is gone and if not then we have plenty of water in our home."

"Fine!"

***

Swara and Shreya made a routine to wake up early and start the training with Martin by 4 in the morning daily. It had been 4 days since Aarsh left and Swara started the training and Martin was noticing quite good improvement in her even when it has only been a few days. It was probably because of her history of learning Taekwondo but he was thinking of recommending her for the company training to Aarsh as that might enhance her skills because here at home they did not have proper equipment for that kind of training.

On the 5th day of their training, at 5 O'clock Martin receives a call. Swara quickly went to him hoping it was a call from Aarsh as she hadn't heard anything from him since he left.

"Hello?" he listened and his eyes widened "What? Are you sure?" he hangs up and looks at Swara with scared eyes. "Boss...Boss has been kidnapped"

"What???!!!" Swara practically yelled. "How is that even possible? He is your boss for god's sake, how could the company let that happen? Are they sure it isn't a false alarm? He could be hiding..." before she could complete her sentence, her phone went off. It was a private number, so she started the recording and speaker after answering it so that Martin could hear too. "Hello?"

"Your voice seems strained means you know your husband is missing." the other person was using a voice modulator so she couldn't even tell the gender. "How poor, it hasn't even been once year since your wedding yet and he already flee away?"

"Who are you and what do you want?" Swara said after contemplating her words.

"I already have half of what I want. So come along when your husband's little pups come to rescue him. Or forget to even find his corpse." they said and the line was dead.

******************************************

Hello beautiful people!!!!!!!!! Here's another update. Hope you like it and tell me how much you do by liking and commenting. Keep healthy and safe.❤❤❤❤❤❤