10. Engagement

I watch myself in the mirror of my room, as the red indo-western lehanga fits perfectly my body.

I'm Currently getting ready for my engagement that is today, I didn't make any fuss about it being so soon, because I know that sooner or later it is going to be there. My parents wanted me to wear something really fancy and party-wear but I preferred the simple one and they didn't argued much as none other than my and Aarsh's family are going to be there. I let my hair fall freely in there natural curl and putted some kajal and some light lipstick.

 I let my hair fall freely in there natural curl and putted some kajal and some light lipstick

I hear a knock on my door and my mother walks in. Here eyes filled with tears as soon as she saw me.

"My baby!!" she cried. "You look so beautiful in this, I wonder how I'm going to control myself on your wedding day when you will be all dressed up in the bridal lehanga."

"Maa Please!! I don't want to ruin the makeup." I choked out as a lump started to form in my throat.

"You aren't even wearing any." she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah Yeah... Whatever I have put, I don't want to ruin it. Anyway...when will it start??" I asked trying to change the subject.

Her mouth formed an o "Oohh I almost forgot. I'm here to take you out, everything is ready. Lets go."

So finally the time has arrived when I will be officially bounded to him. And the ring will prove that I am now reserved. Everyone was asking me in the college about the mysterious guy that comes to pick me but I would just avoid it somehow but now I would have to explain them about the ring. Or I can just not wear the ring when I'm at the college. What am I even thinking, its really risky, if even once I forgot to wear it back before he picks me it could be dangerous. I don't even know what kind of person he is, whether he will tell his parents or will just ignore it? Even though in the past weak we have had dinner together sometimes with our families, I still am not sure if he is reliable. And how bad could it be, its just a ring right? I'll just tell everyone that he is my boyfriend just like we planned.

When I reached the leaving room everyone stood up to welcome me. Everyone except my so called future husband. He didn't even looked up. His gaze is still fixed on the floor, nervousness clearly visible as he clenches his teeth and the veins of his neck become visible. His perfect jawline becomes more sharp when I was told to sit beside him. I took a deep breath and did what I was told to.

"Don't they look so good together. Kisi ki nazar na lage" Mom said.

(A/N: If anyone is confused, Swara calls her mother Maa... and her mother-in-law as Mom)

"I know right!!" Maa replied.

"Swara, Aarsh, here are your rings quickly exchange them." my father-in-law says pointing towards the tray held by Shreya.

Shreya comes towards us and bends holding the tray in front of us. This tray seemed more dangerous than a TNT explosive. It seemed as if it is that kind of explosive that will explode even if we just touch it and might kill us all because neither me nor Aarsh was even trying to pick it. I looked towards Aarsh and he too was staring at the rings. He turned towards me, our eyes locked. The look in his eyes was, as if he was asking me if I am ready, even though he himself didn't look. His has chocolate brown eyes that makes me want to keep looking at them. Maybe it is because I like chocolates but these eyes surely are holding me towards them, as if they want to drown me into them. I broke the eye contact in the fear that I stared for too long and turned towards the rings again. I was about to raise my hand but Shreya spoke first.