32. Dadaji

2 Months Later

Swara's POV

It has been 2 months since our wedding and me and Aarsh have came close. My idea of starting as friends has actually worked. We understand each other more and we are more comfortable around each other. After the honeymoon, I joined office again and we are working more comfortably around each other. When I used to work before the wedding I was a mere secretary and used to do what he told me to, but now he also asks about my opinion in things and we make the decision with mutual understanding. We have pushed the husband-wife relationship aside, to be honest we don't have time for that. Since the contract in Paris we have been very busy, we go to office around 9 AM and the return is not specific.

Dadaji's health has been degrading continuously and Aarsh has started to become more edgy these past 2 weeks. Even though he doesn't show it, it is clear how anxious and worried he is. He barely sleeps and I sometimes have to give him sleeping pills secretly. Everyone in the family is really worried about him, specially Dadaji. Whenever I go to meet him, he always says the same thing 'Take care of my Aarsh'. He has even asked Aarsh to sleep in his room for 2 days and I'm sure he must have not slept at all these night. Even today when I went to wake him, he was already up and working for this meeting.

"And if we talk about the efficiency..." the presenter was presenting his presentation about the new project but my mind was somewhere else.

Since morning I'm not feeling too well. I kept having this weird feeling in my stomach, that feeling we have when we are scared. I kept checking on Aarsh but he had blank expression, the one he always had when he dealt with the employees. But I can tell that he wanted to finish this meeting as soon as possible and head back home. He didn't wanted to come to work today, he wanted to stay with Dadaji but Dadaji sent him here for the meeting forcefully.

My phone vibrated on the desk, It is Mom. Why do I have a bad feeling about this? I walk out the door to take the call and and I was right. This is bad. Her voice weak and sad. Her words made my throat dry. I went inside quickly after talking to her and then stood by Aarsh. I waited for the person to complete his line and then I interrupted him.

"I am really sorry but this meeting has to be adjourned till further notice due to some reasons. So, you all have to leave now." When no-one stood up and just stared at me confused, I walked to the door and held it open "Please Leave. RIGHT. NOW."

Everyone started to pack up their things after hearing the urgency in my voice. I looked at Aarsh and a lump built in my throat as our eyes met, tears started to prickle in my eyes and the color in his face faded. He probably understood everything because he quickly walked towards me held my wrist.

"What is it?" He asked although the fear in his eyes told me that he already knew what I was going to say.

"Dadaji....He's very critical. Mom told us to come home immediately." I said and he closed his eyes and sighed. He probably thought of the worst.

"Let's go then." He said and pulled me out. Martha was coming our way when we left the meeting room.

"Martha Ji please take care of the documents and other things in the room for us. We need go home." I said to Martha ji as we walked pass her. Aarsh didn't left my wrist even for a second, if anything, his hold on me kept getting stronger. His fear visible in his grip. Until we got to the car, his hold started to hurt me but I didn't said anything. I know what he might be going through and if this could help him even a bit then I'm okay with it.

We got into the car and Martin started the car. Aarsh was clutching on his knee as he looked out the window and I got this strange urge to hug him and tell him everything will be okay. That Dadaji is going to be fine. I placed my hand on Aarsh's "He will be alright." I said and held his hand in mine and he responded with a tight hold on my hand. He didn't look away from the window for even a second. When we reached home, we got out of the car quickly and almost ran to Dadaji's room. We saw that everyone in the family and some doctors were surrounding his bed, so we pushed our way to him.