14. Ready for the party

After the encounter with my grandfather-in-law I can see that why Aarsh would love him so much to marry some stranger like me for him. From what I have noticed he is a nice person but i couldn't see anything unwell about him. As what Mom said to Aarsh, but to me he seems to be Okay. Maybe his illness cannot be seen externally.

My thoughts were interrupted when Shreya and Mom suddenly stopped causing me to bump into Shreya and getting a smirk in return. " What happened bhabhi??? Looking for bhai's room??" her smirk grew even bigger and I can feel my face heating up "Don't worry we are right in front of it. See this is Bhai's room." I realized that we are at end of the corridor and Shreya pointing towards the right door which looked alike to any other door in the corridor. I turned towards them again and tried to change the topic.

" I was wasn't thinking about that. I was just thinking that... " I thought about a second, whether I should say it or not ".. well I maybe wrong but... I couldn't see what is wrong with Dadaji" there was a pause and I can see pain in both of there eyes.

"He's strong he doesn't let anyone see how weak and miserable he is." Mom eyes started to fill which broke my heart, maybe it wasn't a good idea to talk about this matter, it surely is a sensitive subject. "He shows that he is Okay but his reports say otherwise." There was a pause again. An awkward silence to be exact before Shreya speak.

"Enough Mom." she said side hugging Mom and then looked towards me with a sad smile. I can see that she was trying hard not to cry in front of her mother but still a few tear drops escaped her eyes.

"So... Where are we getting ready?? " I said awkwardly trying to change the subject as it was getting too emotional.

" This one Beta" Mom directed towards the room in front of Aarsh and it was clear in Shreya's eyes that she is thankful for the change in subject.

We walked inside the room Shreya leading the way. "This is your room Bhabhi.... untill you guys are married you know" she winked,making me roll my eyes and Mom chuckled. It felt good that her mind was off the previous topic now.

The room is large with light purple walls and 3 doors on them except the balcony. 1 from where we just got in, the other two I assume are bathroom and a walk in closet as there is no closet in the room. There is a queen size bed in the middle of the room with dark purple sheets in contrast with the walls. I walked towards the balcony door, as soon as I opened it the pleasant odour of Mogra (Jasmine) flower filled my mind causing all the stress from the day to be gone in a second. I took a deep breath and felt myself being relaxed under the odour. I look around to see a big balcony filled with different type of flowers and other colourful plants, but most of them were Jasmine which proved why its smell was so strong. I walked to the end and placed my hand on the railing. The view from here is really beautiful as there are the lawn and trees behind them are visible. The top of few buildings are also visible like some kind of crown on the trees.

Someone cleared their throat bringing me back from my thoughts. As I turned I saw Shreya looking at me with a grin plastered on her lips. "Like it???"

"Like...???? I love it!!!!! " I exclaimed. "Its like my dream room. Does every room has this kind of balcony???"

" No... Actually only bhai's and this room has this kind of balcony, this actually was his room before but than he shifted. " The last part was more of a whisper but then smiled. " He still comes here sometime though. "

I couldn't think of what to say anymore. And before I could Mom called us inside.

****

I have already taken a bath and slipped into the peach dress Mom and Shreya has selected for me. Shreya did my makeup which I requested her to be light and left my hair with soft curls. They gave me a pair of peach heels with a clutch. They didn't let me see myself in the mirror till the end but when I did I was astonished. The college uniform and bun that I wore were nowhere to be seen and a beautiful dress takes there place which hugs me on the right places.