33. Caring

A few months later

"Swara! Swara!!" Aarsh called from outside the bathroom.

"What?!" I walked out holding my lower abdomen, and sat on the bed.

"I can't find the file I brought home yesterday. I was working with it last night." he said looking on the file shelf in the room.

"Second shelf, 4th from right." I said breathlessly, clutching my stomach.

"Found it." he said and looked at me. "You Okay??" he said as he walked up to me.

"Yeah..oh God.." I said as another strike of pain gushed through me.

"Yeah right. Now Speak." He placed the file on the bed and stood in front of me.

"It's just...it's just that time of the month." I enlightened him with heavenly answer he was looking for and his mouth fell open.

"Oh..ahh..." he rubbed the back of his neck and looking everywhere but me. Embarrassed now are we? He looks really cute when he does that, like every time he doesn't know what to say, he is like this. Which mostly happens when he is talking to Mom, I mean Moms are Mom, they know how to shut there kids up. 

"It's..It's not your first 'that time of the month', right?"

"Duhhh.." I chuckled as I placed a pillow behind my back and rested my head on the head rest.

"No. I mean, it's my first time, actually knowing you're having it. It doesn't really show." He still didn't meet my eyes and instead picked up the file and 'not so perfectly' pretended to read it.

"Yeah...It hasn't been bad since the wedding. But this time.." I drank the warm water to easy the tension in my stomach.

"Should I call Mom?" He asked finally looking at me.

"No, I already talked to her. Shreya will bring me breakfast here although I don't feel like eating even a little. We can go to office after that." I said and adjusted myself in a comfortable position and placed a pillow on my lap.

"It's okay. You don't need to go today. There aren't any meetings or urgent stuff today anyway." Is he caring for me?? Oh MY God! My husband is caring for me for the first time! Should I right down this date? 

"No, there are lots of work to do, and you have to sign a couple of files too and only I know where the files.." another pain shot shutting me up.

"Just tell me where they are when I reach office and I'll call you if I don't find it. At the very most I'll video call you. So just stay here and rest." He said in a dismissive tone.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'll leave after breakfast and remember to eat something." He said and left the room.Is he really caring for me? Maybe I should fake period cramps often. I would at least get some days off due to this and some of his attention. I started to feel a bit nauseous after a while and went to the bathroom. I stood by the sink but nothing came out. There is practically nothing in my stomach to come out actually. I don't know when Aarsh came in but I felt my hair pushed back and saw Aarsh holding them back and rubbing my back in the mirror. He wasn't looking at me, probably being disgusted by the scene but he still stood there. I guess that was enough for someone who doesn't show any emotions towards his wife.

'Do you guys even have time to show emotions?' my conscience asked.

'Not my fault he keeps drowning himself in work to forget Dadaji and I have to stay with him during that. I and the whole family tried to get him out of the workaholic mode but every time it just gets worse!'