An Old Friend

Izuku Midoriya is currently age four, born with amber eyes that his mother and immediate family is confused by, the diamond freckle pattern of his father and his hair is black to his parents bafflement as no one in their recent ancestors has had black hair. He was recently announced quirkless.   

Izuku's POV:

          "Sorry kid but you should give up on that dream" the Doctor said. 

          "What do you mean Doctor?" my mom Inko Midoriya asked.

          "Well you see Miss Midoriya your son here has two joints in his pinky toe here" he says pointing to an X-ray of Izuku's foot "this double joint is synonymous with telling if a person will develop a quirk, people born with a quirk are all lacking this second joint." 

          "Oh I see" My mom said. 

          I just sat there dumbstruck not reacting at all till we got home in an effort to make me feel better my mom played my favorite hero video. "Mom can I-I-I still be a Hero like All Might?" I asked.

          "I'm sorry Izuku" My mom said hugging me while crying. 

          That was not what I needed to hear. The next day at school we were told of an up coming field trip to a forest and I told everyone that I was quirkless, to much belittlement from Kacchan and his friends as well as everyone in my class. At recess I see Kacchan and his friends bullying a kid. 

          "Why are you trying to act tough your quirk is nothing compared to mine" Kacchan said as he pushed the boy to the ground threatening him with his explosions and I run in to guard him.

          "Why are you being a bully Kacchan, I thought you wanted to be a hero" I screamed at him

          "What are you doing your trying to protect him even though you are lower than him you Deku" he then turned to bullying me. I went home everyday for the next week with a new scar. Today is the day of the Field trip we are going to a forest to observe nature and have a picnic. We reach an orchard and start setting up the picnic and currently Kacchan is chasing me through the trees. I see something flutter beyond this curtain of vines and I duck in to hide from Kacchan. 

          "Who are you little one" I hear and turn around to see a white kite like being with blue markings all over its front. "wait can you see me"

          "Ahhhhhhh" I screamed then it touched me and I felt calm

          "There is no need to panic I'm a spirit, one of the last spirits in fact quirks came from us merging with mankind. I am Raava The light spirit, and who are you young one?" she asked although I don't know if it is actually a girl but the voice sounded feminine.

          "My n-name i-is Izuku, Izuku Midoriya" she then did something weird she touched me and we felt a connection. 

          "I-I can't believe it after two thousand years of the cycle being broken I found you again" I then saw a vision of others standing in a line to my side 

--- Imagine Korra and another earth avatar. --- 

          "What was that?" I asked 

          "Your past lives Its been so long old friend" she said. "We can finally rejoin each other" 

          "W-What?" I asked. 

          "Oh the Glow in their eyes is me together we were the bridge between the spirit and human realm we kept the world in balance as the master of the four elements the avatar" She said proudly "and now we can do that once again." 

          "So they are mine and yours past lives?" I asked. 

          "Yeah you can put it that way" she responded. "So can I rejoin with you?"

          "Fine but how am I going to learn to bend the elements no one now a days can do it" I asked. 

          "We will have turn to your past lives for that and you can talk to me in your mind anytime" she said as we rejoined restarting the cycle. I made my way back to the class and remained silent till I got home and talked with Raava.  

Image owned By Borderlandbadart over on Deviant art 

Avatar cycle image from the wikapedia