Roku's Training Part II

Izuku's POV: 

          "Ok lets do this I'm ready to learn more Iroh, Roku" I said. 

          "Okay I'm up" said Iroh, he draws a symbol in the dirt resembling fire, "Fire is the element of power. Back in the day the people of the Fire Nation had the Desire and the Will as well as the Energy and the Drive to achieve what they wanted." He then drew a weird symbol, "Earth the element of substance. Back in the day the people of the Earth Nation were Diverse and Strong they were Persistent and Enduring." He then drew a symbol resembling the breeze "Air is the element of Freedom, "The Air Nomads of old detached themselves from worldly concerns and found peace and freedom. They also had a great sense of humor." Then he draws a wave surrounded by the moon, "Water is the element of Change. The people of the Water Tribes were capable of adapting to many things. They had a strong sense of community and love that held them together through everything." He draws two lines dividing the symbols, "It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from one place it becomes rigid and stale." He draws a circle surrounding the four symbols, "Understanding others, the other elements, and the other nations, helped us become whole." He finished. 

          "This sounds like it pertains only to the avatar yet you seem to imply that anyone can use this to become stronger" I wondered aloud. 

          "That's because Izuku anyone can learn from others to better them selves, the knowledge of others can further your own after all" Roku said. "For instance Iroh here used the element of fire in tandem with the teachings he got from the water tribes to create lightning redirection. By applying what he learned from others he made himself stronger" 

          "Oh I see so I will grow stronger in the elements I master by learning the other elements and by learning from others" I replied. 

           "Yes. Now we begin the advanced set" they both said and showed me this. 

          "Wow this looks like Tai Chi but with lightning?" I asked

          "Yeah out of the two of us this is the only truly advanced Technique we can teach you for Fire Bending and it will help when you get to water bending" Roku said. "Now combine this with the training you already do in the mortal realm and return to us in six months" 

          "Okay Sensei" I said and with that I upped my training 3x and added Tai chi to my cooldown and breathing techniques. My training was brutal and I've grown to use the spirit world for studying or maybe some realm in between this one and the spirit world and so it went for six months training, breathing, Tai chi go to bed physically and study in this new realm. My grades never dropped, in fact they increased since I started studying all night in this new realm, but my teachers were concerned when instead of playing I was training in the movements from the scrolls but I explained it was in self defense. Finally I went back to Roku and Iroh and told them I think I found a way to show them for sure that I've improved and told the of this half dimension sort of thing and they followed me. "From what I can tell we don't affect the world majorly here but you can study here by pulling in your books and I accidently used Fire Bending in here and it wasn't able to affect my room." I said. 

          "Fantastic we can watch you train with the elements in play and maybe we can show you our selves okay show us your lightning" They said together. 

          "Right," I said and I begin using Tai Chi movements but the felt strained like the chi was wild so I guided it and released it. They were surprised and said 

          "You should be able to master Fire Bending in one more year" and so we continued over the course of a year I grew and began to surpass both Roku and Iroh. Halfway through Iroh began to show me what he learned from the sun warriors and the remaining dragons. So I practiced that for the remaining half of the year. 

          "Congratulations Izuku you have mastered your first element the next in the cycle is Air Bending I would contact Avatar Aang the Avatar after Roku" Iroh said. 

          "Yes Congratulations and yes Aang is a good pick" Roku agreed. 

          "Thank you" I said. "For helping" I then hugged them both. I am still a kid, only seven, and they are like Fathers to me my real one leaving shortly after I was born.