Slip

I had fun while writing this chapter and I think you will all enjoy it too!

*Isla's P.O.V*

"I'm learning how to fight," I said happily as I looked at Kelsei. "That...that way I can stay with you and Alana and help fight," I said, my voice slowly getting quieter as I saw the look on her face.

"Mate, let me see your hands," Alana said so I held out my hands reluctantly up to her. "Look at your knuckles, they're bruised," she stated.

"It's just cause I was training so hard with Aron," I said with a frown. "He taught me how to throw a punch and how to stand when doing it," I said with a small smile.

"Aron? Mother, you let him teach her how to fight?" Kelsei demanded to know.

"He's one of the best fighters in the pack and the best person your mate could ever learn to fight from," Mrs. Black stated.

"She should not be learning how to fight, she should stay safe and out of any fights," Kelsei said. I cuddled into Alana who carried me to the bed, sitting me down on it.

"It's fine baby, I'll calm her down," she promised me before going to Kelsei and wrapping her arms around her waist.

"You will not calm me down! She thinks that she's going to get into skirmishes with us, she'll be in danger," Kelsei said as she sounded upset which upset me. I laid down on the bed, covering my ears with a pillow as I laid there. I tried to block out her voice as tears pricked my eyes, slowly trickling down my face.

"Kitten," Alana's voice cooed as I felt something press against my lips. I opened my mouth and felt the familiar feeling of a pacifier. I smiled softly as I sucked on it, wondering if this was the one that I had lost earlier and they had maybe found it for me.

Kelsei's voice had quieted down a lot and I did not know why but it soothed me to not have to hear her anger. I could hear Mrs. Black responding to it though, her voice staying even and calm the entire time.

I wished that Kelsei would just drop it and would come over to cuddle with me. I didn't want her to argue right now. I wanted her and Alana to cuddle with me. I wiped my tears away as I closed my eyes, feeling smaller than I ever had before as I laid alone.

'It's okay pup,' Aphid reassured me, her voice soft and soothing. 'I know you're tired and upset and you just want our mates,' she said.

'I want my mommies,' I said, my lower lip trembling. Her tail brushed against my face as she licked the tears off of my face.

'Oh pup, it's okay,' she assured me. 'Why don't you tell them that you want them? I know they'd be happy to give you all the cuddles,' she informed me. I opened my eyes and sat up, the pillow falling off of my face.

I watched Kelsei and Alana, Kelsei still busy talking to Mrs. Black. I whimpered softly as I scooted to the edge of the bed.

"Kitten stay in bed, we'll be there in a moment," Kelsei said as she glanced at me. I shook my head as I looked at her tiredly.

"No, you talk for too long," I said as I pouted at her before turning my attention to Alana. I made grabby hands for her and she came over to me, sitting down beside me. "Mommy, cuddles," I said as she laid down with me. Her face lit up in a smile as she rubbed my back.

"Mommy will give you all the cuddles," she assured me. I lay curled into her as I sucked on my pacifier, turning over to look at Kelsei and Mrs. Black.

"Momma talk for way too long," I lisped tiredly as I watched Kelsei. "Momma, momma, momma," I said repeatedly, getting Kelsei to finally finish talking before coming over to me.

"What is it kitten?" she questioned as she sat down next to me. She laid down, looking me in the eyes.

"Momma," I said again as I looked at her with a giggle.

"Oh you just wanted to say momma huh?" she questioned. I nodded as I lay cuddled into Alana. Kelsei kissed my forehead as she rubbed our noses together. I squealed happily before turning over to look at Alana who did the same thing.

"Mommy, no," I whined as I crinkled my nose up with a small pout. I sat up and tried to crawl away from them, squealing when Kelsei grabbed my leg and pulled me back to her.

"Where do you think you are going?" she asked as she looked down at me.

"Away from you," I said as I cuddled into her, hiding my face into her chest. "You gives nice cuddles," I whispered as I laid my head on her shoulder.

"I give better cuddles," Alana said, making me turn to look at her. She tapped my pacifier, my nose scrunching up as I pulled away.

"My paci," I said as I pouted slightly at the fact she had touched my pacifier.

"You know, I think it's time for little miss pouty to go to bed," Kelsei said, making me whine loudly as I looked at her with a frown on my lips.

"I already in bed," I informed her as I patted her face with my hand. She chuckled as she grabbed my hand and kissed my cheek.

"I mean it's time for you to go to sleep," Kelsei said, making me shake my head as I frowned.

"No thank you," I said as I climbed off of her and went to Alana who pulled me close, letting me lay against her.

"Poor baby, momma was trying to make you go to sleep and you're just not tired at all are you?" she cooed as she gently rubbed my back.

"I not tired," I agreed as I laid against her, my pacifier bobbing in and out of my mouth. My eyes felt heavy causing me to close them to get some relief, laying curled into her. She gently smoothed my hair out as she kissed the top of my head.

"Sleepy girl," Kelsei muttered and I stayed still, faking being asleep. "There's no way I am putting her at risk and letting her into a skirmish like we faced today. I had a hard time keeping you in my sight during the fight, there's no way I would be able to keep an eye on both of you," she whispered.

"We can't just tell her that though, she will feel like a burden. Your mother told you that she already thought she was a burden and if you tell her it's because you can't keep an eye on her then I imagine that she will feel much worse. Plus what if she thinks you're treating her like a kid, she may not want to slip again," Alana pointed out. I squirmed slightly as I turned over, hearing Alana shush me as she cuddled me close.

"You're right, let's talk about it tomorrow. I'm exhausted from the fight we had with the intruders we had," Kelsei growled softly, her voice darkening.