Breakfast

*Isla's P.O.V*

Alicia practically dragged me to the table and forced me to sit by her. Kelsei had growled softly when she had seen her sister drag me but said nothing. I assumed she was still pouting over me not wanting to change into her shirt.

"Well who do we have here?" A man asked who was sitting at the head of the table.

"Dad this is Isla, Isla this is my dad," Alicia said with a small smile.

"It's nice to meet you sir," I said softly as I glanced at my hands that were folded together and resting on the table.

"It's nice to meet you too Isla," the man said. "Alicia why didn't you tell me you were having a friend over?" he asked.

"Well she kind of accidentally stepped into a hunter trap, so she kind of had to stay at our pack hospital," Alicia said.

"Only reason she stepped into the trap was because she ran from me and Alana," Kelsei murmured as she brought a plate over and set it in front of me.

"She had just shifted for the first time. She didn't even know werewolves existed until she shifted into her wolf form," Alicia argued as she rolled her eyes. She grinned when Mrs. Black brought over a plate and set it in front of her. "Thank you mom," she said with a small smile on her face.

"You're welcome darling," Mrs. Black said as she went back to the kitchen and brought out two more plates, giving one to her husband and setting one down in front of her as she sat down. "So Isla it must have been quite a shock when you shifted," she said as she looked at me.

"Yeah, it was quite shocking and I'm not sure I've completely grasped the full concept of it all." I said as I looked down at my plate.

"That's completely understandable," Mrs. Black said. "Though with Eleni being your best friend I thought you would know," she said.

"I'm sorry? Are you saying Eleni is a werewolf?" I asked.

"Yes," Mrs. Black said making me frown.

"So you're telling me that she broke the never keep secrets from each other best friend code? Cause uh...I'm going to murder her," I said.

"Well to be fair on her, she thought you were a human. By order of the king and queen nonsupernaturals aren't supposed to know of us," Mr. Black explained.

"Supernaturals? There are others?" I asked with a small frown.

"Yeah there are," Mrs. Black said. "Plenty of them. Vampires, witches, mermaids, etc." She stated.

"Wow that's a lot more to process," I said.

"Please don't overwhelm her mother," Kelsei said as she glanced at me. "I'd like my mate to not be broken because you overwhelmed," she said.

"Your mate? You mean our mate," Alana said as she smiled softly while rolling her eyes. She glanced at me making me blush slightly as I looked down at my plate.

"Yeah, our mate," Kelsei said as I started to eat. I could feel her eyes on me as I ate my breakfast.

"Anyways Isla I was wondering if you would like to accompany me and Kelsei to dinner tonight?" Alana asked softly. "It'd be great to get to know you since you're our mate," she said.

"Yeah that would be great," I said with a small smile on my face. Kelsei looked up and grinned up at me making me look away with a small grin.

"Alright great. What time should we pick you up?" Kelsei asked making me frown.

"I'll just meet you where ever you want to go," I said softly.

"No we can pick you up," Alana said softly as she looked at me.

"Look my parents are going to be back tonight and it'd just be best if I met up with you," I said as I looked down at my plate.

"Oh. Is there any particular reason why?" Alana asked, sounding dissapointed. A small pang went through me at the thought of upsetting her.

"You know what? Yeah, you guys can pick me up. My parents probably won't be awake anyway," I said. "They don't really um... care what happens to me," I stated as I smiled weakly.

"Oh. Okay," Alana said. She still seemed to upset about something which was bothering me.

'She's upset about your parents. They're not nice people and mate can sense that,' Aphid said making me blink in surprise.

'But my parents are great,' I told her with a frown on my face. 'Maybe they are not always there but they do care about me,' I told her.

'You just told mate otherwise,' Aphid pointing out. 'And you don't have to worry about your parents anymore, mates will take care of us,' she told me.

'Shit. I did didn't I?' I asked with a small frown on my face. 'Why was I so honest with her?' I questioned.

'She's our mate, we're practically putty in her hands,' Aphid stated. 'Oh how I'd like to be in her hands,' she said.

'Aphid! Stop it,' I said making her whine softly.

'Fine. I'll stop it,' she said reluctantly. 'I'll be back at dinner time with these thoughts though,' she stated. I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Even through my shirt sparks seemed to shoot through my body.

"You alright?" Kelsei asked. I looked up at her and nodded. "You zoned out. Were you talking to your wolf?" She asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, I was," I said softly making her smile.

"That's great," Kelsei said as she sat down next to me. "Your wolf is very beautiful," she said making me blush.

"Thank you," I said as I went back to eating. "Hey, maybe we could have a day in our wolf forms," I suggested making her grin.

"Anything you want," Kelsei nodded her head.

'Wolf form day? That sounds wonderful,' Aphid said as her tail wagged quickly in my head.

'I did it for you,' I told her making her thank me repeatedly.