Parents

I don't think I ever gave Kelsei's dad a name so his name's Rowan now. Also as a reminder, Kelsei's mom's name is Lydia. Alana's parents names are Kidus and Fana.

*Isla's P.O.V*

I ended up falling asleep with my head resting on Alana's knee. She talked quietly to me as she took out her braids, explaining to me what she was doing. Her voice was so comforting and made me feel warm and fuzzy.

When I woke up, I had been moved to bed. Kelsei was sitting next to me and reading through a book. I whined as I leaned into her, her hand moving to run through my hair.

"You need to eat my love," Kelsei murmured as she pulled me onto her lap, letting me lean my head against her chest. I mumbled my protest but opened my mouth when she held up a forkful of scrambled eggs to my lips. I found that my appetite seemed to increase ever since the silver and wolfsbane was purged from me.

Even though my appetite had increased, that didn't mean that I was going to eat too quickly. Kelsei alternated between feeding me a few bites of eggs and then giving me some bacon. Kelsei let me take my time as she used her free hand to rub my back, her nails scratching my back gently. When I was finished eating, I pushed the fork away. Kelsei didn't try to convince me to eat anymore, she simply set the fork down.

"Such a good girl, you did so good," she whispered softly, speaking right in my ear. I shivered slightly at the praise as I smiled.

"When 'lana's parents coming?" I asked tiredly as I twirled a strand of her hair around my finger. I nuzzled into her, resting my head in between her breasts.

"They usually come later in the day when they visit so that they have an excuse to stay the night," Kelsei explained as she used her free hand to cup my face. I leaned into her hand, giggling when she covered my face in kisses.

"Stop having fun without me," Alana's voice sounded behind me and I squealed when a shirt was thrown at me. I turned to glare at her, a small pout on my lips. She had apparently finished with her hair while I napped and it was now down in its natural state.

"You're the one who went downstairs for lunch," Kelsei said simply as she pressed a kiss to my forehead. Had I really napped for so long that it was lunchtime? I looked at Kelsei in confusion seeing as she had fed me breakfast just now. "Figured you would like breakfast rather than lunch," Kelsei shrugged.

"Missed you," I told Alana as I crawled across the bed. She held out her arms and I stood up, jumping off the bed into her arms. She caught me but ended up falling on her butt, being careful to not drop me.

"You've got to be more careful pup," she muttered as she kissed my forehead. I nuzzled into her, pressing a kiss against her neck.  Alana patted my bottom as she hummed softly.

'Cute,' Aphid murmured sleepily as she finally stirred awake. The purge of silver and wolfsbane had left her weaker than before and she had fallen into a deep sleep to regain her strength.

'You're awake,' I said happily as I closed my eyes, letting myself fall into my mind space. I stared at Aphid, noticing how much weaker she looked. She wrapped around me and pushed her head against me.

'Nira still sleeps,' Aphid said sadly, looking towards the small ball of fur in the otherwise wide and open dark space. 'I hadn't even realized that we were being poisoned and now she suffers for it,' she huffed.

'When will she wake?' I asked as I walked over to the ball of fur, reaching out to touch her fur. The ball of fur twitched slightly before Nira's head lifted up.

'Hello human,' she murmured tiredly as she licked the back of my hand. I sighed in relief as I picked her up, holding her close.

'I didn't think you would wake up so quickly,' I said as I ruffled her ears. 'Aphid was worried about you,' I said as I looked at the wolf who had trotted over.

'I need to stretch my legs,' Nira said simply as she looked up at me. 'You should let me shift and take control, it will help me heal quicker,' she stated as she gave me puppy dog eyes. I couldn't see a reason why not to let her shift, it was fun to be in my puppy form.

I snapped out of my mindspace and found Alana sitting in front of me. I felt my bones start to crack as I shifted, slowly shrinking down as I shifted into my puppy form. I crawled onto Alana's lap, my tail wagging slightly.

Shifting came easily to me, so easily that it infuriated my mates sometimes. Most people struggled to shift during the first year of shifting. On top of that, most people couldn't shift with their clothes on for even longer. It usually ripped their clothes but within the first week I had managed to shift and keep my clothes from ripping. My clothes kind of just disappeared into my skin until I shifted back to my human form.

"You need to shift back love, my parents are going to be here soon," Alana said. I huffed as I rolled onto my back, looking up at her as if she was upside down. Her parents would just have to meet me in my puppy form.

'Not my boss,' I mindlinked her before I rolled back over and took off out of the room, nearly tripping and falling. Getting used to running on all fours was harder than most people thought. My puppy form was the clumsiest of the two with the gangly legs that weren't in proportion with the rest of my body.

Nira pushed for control and I let her take it, running through the halls to distract our mates from our scent. She darted around people, nearly tripping a few as barely dodged them. A yip of apology was the only noise she made as she started to get fatigued. She turned and darted to the stairs, leaping from the top of them.

'You're certifiably a bitch,' I informed Nira as we flew through the air. She simply laughed as she let me take control again. I yelped when I crashed into someone who barely managed to catch me at the bottom of the stairs.

"That's certainly a greeting," the woman chuckled as she lifted me up. I looked at the woman curiously as my tail wagged. She was an older black woman who had twists that went just past her shoulders. "Let me guess, you're Isla?" she asked as she raised an eyebrow. I nodded my head as she carried me into the living room.

"I see you met Isla," Lydia said as she chuckled softly. "Isla, this is Fana and the man on the couch over there is Kidus," she informed me as Fana set me down. I glanced at the man sitting on the couch talking to Rowan. Kidus was an older black man whose hair was in locs.

I shifted back into my human form, smiling at both of them. "It's nice to meet you both," I said as I played with the hem of my shirt. Technically it was Alana's but I had stolen it from her so it was mine now.

"It's nice to meet you as well dear," Fana said with a small smile. "She launched herself down the stairs and I barely caught her," she informed Lydia.

"I didn't do it, my wolf did," I whined softly as I pouted. Lydia chuckled softly as she rolled her eyes.

"I think I hear Kelsei and Alana coming," Lydia commented. I squeaked, hiding behind Lydia and Fana.

"Don't let them find me, I'm hiding," I begged them both quietly. I squealed when Kelsei's wolf form bounded into the room, heading straight for me. She tackled me and I giggled as she licked my face.