Timeout

*Isla's P.O.V*

It was the day after we had spoken and I was currently curled up in Kelsei's lap. Her fingers were running through my hair and I felt so small compared to her. I would have gone to Alana but she was spending the day with her parents. Alana was usually my first option because Kelsei had to work in her office almost every day.

"Pup, can you sit on the couch for a bit? Momma has to read some important papers and then you can come right back," Kelsei said. I shook my head as I clung to her, burying my face in her chest. She sighed softly as she rubbed my back gently.

"Momma," I whined when she lifted me up so that I was standing next to her.

"Momma has to work, you can stand next to me and hold my hand or go sit on the couch and put on a show," Kelsei said, giving me two options. Neither of which I wanted to do.

I tried to climb back onto her lap but she simply turned her chair so I couldn't. I let out a frustrated whine as I looked at her.

"You can stand next to me or you can go sit on the couch, pick one," Kelsei said simply.

I stomped my feet as I looked at her, only getting a raised eyebrow in response. When I didn't pick one after a minute of staring at her, she looked at me over the rim of her reading glasses. I knew I was in trouble then, just because of that look.

"Pick one Lala or I'll pick for you," she said simply. I huffed as I stomped over to the couch, sitting down on it as I crossed my arms over my chest. "Thank you," she added.

"Not welcome," I said as I stuck my tongue out at her before turning my attention to the television.

I put on a cartoon, Dinosaur Train, and laid down on the couch. I kept having to move around to get comfortable, finally settling on propping my legs up on the couch cushion and letting my head hang off the edge to watch the television. I was essentially sitting upside down.

"Is your show good?" Kelsei asked.

I turned to look at her, my thumb in my mouth as I used my other hand to flip her off. She seemed shocked and then leaned forward, her arms resting on the desk.

"Isla, do you really think flipping me off is a good idea?" she asked.

"'es," I lisped around my thumb as I kept looking at her.

She went to stand up and I fell with how quickly I tried to move. I scrambled across the floor and barely managed to get out of the door and hold it shut behind me. The door rattled on the door hinges and I had to use both hands to hold it shut. When it stopped, even for a second, I turned and bolted down the hall.

I slid on the wooden floor with how fast I was turning corners, wearing socks on wooden floors was not a good idea. Kelsei did manage to catch me, only because she was wearing shoes that had traction on them and because running around the house several times was tiring.

I went limp when she picked me up and she just adjusted her hold so that I was laying over her shoulder. I considered biting her to free myself but that did not seem worth the hassle at the moment. When we got back to her office, she locked the door and stood in front of it before setting me down.

"Do we want to rethink flipping off Momma?" she asked.

"I sorry," I said innocently.

"Go stand in the corner," Kelsei said.

I tried to give her the puppy dog eyes to get her to change her mind but she just kept pointing to the corner. I stomped over to it and stood there, my nose pressed against the corner. It was just so boring and I felt like I had been standing there forever when the timer finally went off.

"Come here," Kelsei said and I heard her set her pen down. I turned, walking over to her quickly. "Why did you get a timeout?" she asked.

"Because you're mean," I retorted.

"Now is not the time to push me Isla, why did you get a timeout?" Kelsei said warningly and I could see her eyes narrow just slightly.

"Because I flipped you off," I muttered.

"And why did you do that?" Kelsei asked.

"Dunno, just wanted to," I said quietly.

"Are you sorry?" Kelsei asked gently.

I nodded my head, thankful when Kelsei didn't try and get me to speak my answers.

"Are you going to do it again?" Kelsei questioned.

I shook my head silently. Kelsei pulled me close, kissing the top of my forehead when I fell onto her lap.

"I can cuddle with you for now but I really have to do those papers before Mommy gets here," she whispered into my ear. I nodded my head as I rested my head on her chest after a moment.

I laid like that for a while before she had to finish her work. She allowed me to sit right in front of her and kept a hand running through my hair as she worked. I hummed contentedly, whining when Kelsei suddenly stopped.

"Hello love," Alana said, her voice sounding like it came from the doorway. I immediately tried to stand up, hitting my head on the desk in the process. My lower lip trembled but I didn't care as I ran to her.

"Mommy," I squealed, giggling when she lifted me up and spun me around.

"Have you been good today angel?" Alana asked as she rested me on her hip. I shook my head, resting my head on her shoulder. "What did she do?" she questioned as she looked at Kelsei.

"Why don't you ask Lala?" Kelsei suggested. I looked up at Alana who looked down at me.

"What did you do Lala?" Alana questioned.

"This," I said as I raised my middle finger up, making Kelsei groan in exasperation from behind me.