Medic

This is getting an update before Caste to Class because people seem to really want an update for this story specifically. 

*Isla's P.O.V*

I was practically passed out when we got back to the packhouse. Someone gently picked me up off Mrs. Black's back and carried me inside. I could hear hushed whispering making my eyes open slowly. People were gathered inside the entrance way and were watching me close.

"Move now," Mrs. Black's voice rang out, making everyone back away quickly to give us space. I whimpered softly making them all spring forward until the person holding me growled softly. "Get back, she is injured and needs to receive medical treatment for the silver that is in her system," she said, making them all back away to give me some space. I was carried quickly down a few hallways and the door was pushed open. My eyes closed as I sniffled softly from the pain of the burning in my hand.

"Where's the silver burn at?" a woman's voice asked as I was laid down in a soft bed. The room smelled of sterilizer, I couldn't quite name the smell. My nose burned from the smell as I lifted my injured hand up slightly. The woman gently grabbed my hand and looked it over. I heard muttering as she let go and I could hear the echo of her footsteps moving around the room. My hand was dipped into a bowl of some cold liquid making me jerk in shock to try and pull my hand away.

"Easy Isla, I know that it's pretty cold," Mrs. Black said as she pinned my arm down so that I couldn't pull my hand out of the liquid. I could feel bubbles forming on the wound before my hand was lifted out of the liquid for a second. I felt metal press down on my palm, cutting the wound open making me sob.

"I am so sorry," the woman whispered as my hand was quickly dipped in the liquid. I felt the liquid slowly seep into the wound making me cry harder before a burning sensation traveled up my arm. I opened my mouth to scream only to feel something placed in my mouth. I opened my eyes as tears started to fall and I tried to look at what was put in my mouth.

"It's a pacifier baby. It's got some medicine on it to help you calm down," Mrs. Black cooed, making me suck on the pacifier lightly. I tried to focus on the pacifier instead of the pain that was shooting through my arm.

'I wish it was our mates babying us,' Nira complained slightly, making me smile. 'They would know how to make us feel better,' she muttered with a bitter tone.

'Our mates have to be at a meeting, we can't bother them every time we want them to cuddle us. They'll start to dislike us,' I stated making Aphid snort and roll her eyes as best as she could.

'Our mates could never dislike us, they're designed to love us,' Aphid stated with an annoyed tone.

'Don't get annoyed with me,' I said as I felt tears prick my eyes.

'No, I wasn't annoyed with you. Oh don't cry, please. I was annoyed at the idea of them disliking us,' Aphid said as she wrapped her wolf form around me. 'I will never be annoyed with you, you're my human. It's my job to protect you and keep you happy,' she licked my cheek gently.

'Are you sure?' I questioned her, making her nod. Nira crawled into my lap and licked my tears away before laying down.

'We will always be with you Isla even if you can't hear us someday, we will be with you,' Aphid reassured me.

'Even if I can't hear you? What do you mean by that?' I asked, making Nira's ears flatten down.

'Sometimes, if you get Wolfsbane in you...we fade out. We're still here but you won't be able to hear or see us,' Nira said.

'When would I get wolfsbane in me?' I questioned with a frown.

'There are hunters that are becoming more and more active near the pack by the day. If they do attack the pack one day then there's a chance that we could be captured and Wolfsbane could be injected into you so you can't mindlink or contact us,' Aphid explained, her ears flattening down.

'Why do you look so sad?' I questioned, making her sigh.

'If we were to get captured the likelihood of us seeing Alana and Kelsei again are slim. We will most likely get killed or we'll be sold to some rogue Alpha,' Aphid murmured.

'Rogue Alphas?' I asked, my head tilting slightly.

'Rogue wolves are wolves who split off from their packs over a thousand of years ago. Wolves who were accused of crimes and who couldn't cooperate with the pack were kicked out and forced to go rogue. Over the years they've formed their own packs. You already know what an Alpha is. The Northern packs where we're located are mainly the original packs whereas the Southern packs are mainly the rogue packs,' Aphid explained.

'Okay,' I nodded my head as I tried to process all that information. 'Oh and Alana said that it was my wolf who was forming my mindlink to my parents so which one of you formed the mindlinks?' I asked.

'It was me,' Nira admitted after a moment of silence. 'It just seemed like we should go ahead and form that mindlink just so it's there. It's easier to have that mindlink already formed rather than trying to form it later on,' she stated, making me nod.

'I understand,' I said before I felt sparks on my arm. My eyes widened as Nira and Aphid both exclaimed at the same time that it was Alana. I cut our conversation short as I backed out of my mental space, my eyes landing on Alana who was standing next to me. I tried to sit up only to be pushed back down.

"Easy baby," Alana said as she sat down on the edge of the bed and laid next to me. She pushed the pacifier, which was dangling from my mouth, back into my mouth. I sucked on it as I turned my head slightly, smiling when I saw Kelsei bandaging my hand up.

"Don't worry pup, we're here for you now," Kelsei said softly as she kissed my forehead while tying the bandage off.