Nightmare

If you didn't get the black veins thing in the last chapter, it was a reference to a tv show about werewolves. To make it easier on you to find out about it, the veins only appeared when they were angry but in my story, it's for other reasons.

Isla arrived home feeling both tired and bored. She walked up to the steps to her house, opening the door and stepping inside.

"How was your day sweetie?" Her mother asked from somewhere farther into the house.

Isla rolled her eyes as she headed down the hallway to her bedroom. She hadn't spoken to her parents after they had mentioned the move which was almost a month ago.

Isla shut the door behind her, locking it as she sighed softly. She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "I've made one friend and that's more than enough," she murmured.

Isla went to her bed and sat down on it. She sat her bag down at her feet, unzipping it and pulling out her binder.

Isla tossed her binder onto the floor. "Not looking at any schoolwork tonight," she murmured while laying back in her bed and getting out her phone.

Isla spent the next few hours scrolling on her phone, not bothering to come out for dinner. At seventeen, nearly eighteen, she weighed only 100 pounds which was lighter than what she was supposed to be but she didn't care. Her parents on the other hand did and tried to convince her to come eat, or atleast make herself a place.

"Don't they get not everyone likes to eat?" Isla muttered to herself. "Besides, there's no way in hell I'm leaving my room while they're still awake," she said.

Isla put her phone up once it got late, making sure to put it on its charger before laying down. "Shit, I'm gonna have to shower in the morning. Then my hair will be all wet for most of the day," she sighed as she mentally scolded herself for not taking a shower earlier.

Isla sighed as she sat up and raised the blinds on her window. She laid back down, closing her eyes with a small smile. The sun had set and the moonlight was filtering through the trees, casting shadows on her floor.

Isla yawned as she stretched out, letting herself start to drift off to sleep. She pulled her blanket up tp her shoulders with a small smile.

*Isla's dream P.O.V*
I felt trapped. The woods towered around me as I turned in a circle trying to find a way to escape. 'What's going on?' I tried to say but couldn't seem to form the words.

I took off at a run, having no clue where I was heading and not caring where I ended up. Shadows flashed beside me and I couldn't tell if they were chasing me or running from something much bigger.

The earth rumbled around me causing me to pause and look around. That's when I finally noticed the shape of the shadows. They looked wolf like but much larger than a wolf. I frowned as I tried to make sense of the reason they were running, looking down as I felt a feeling like fire spread through my body.

My hands transformerd me into paws amd I could see a muzzle from the inner corner of my eyes. I looked back and saw that the rest of my body had changed into a wolf aswell. 'This is strange,' I thought.

I felt two things brush against me, one on each side. I looked at them, surprised to see the female wolves from my drawings. I had only recently started drawing them but I had seen them in dreams before so I guess it made sense they were here now.

The taller one, black with grey streaks running through its fur, walked ahead. The smaller, but still very tall one, walked beside me. It seemed like she was guiding me to follow them. Her fur was a tan color with black splodges dotting her fur.

I seemed to be much smaller than them. I was less then half the height of the second one and I felt subconscious over it for some reason. My fur was a solid grey color, not a single mark on it. I went with them for what seemed like ever when they finally decided to stop. They surrounded me while laying down, keeping me trapped between the two of them.

It felt like they kept me trapped there for a little bit before letting me. I tested how far I could go, always being stopped by an invisible force after a certain distance. I felt the fire go through me again and looked down. I was back to the normal me.

I looked up, noticing the wolves had changed into human form. They look vaguely familiar but were to blurry to actually determine who they were. Everything seemed to shake for a minute before I felt this agonising pain in my stomach.

I looked down to see blood blossoming across my stomach. I let out a shocked cry as everything went black.

I woke up with a startled cry as I looked around my room. Everything felt dark and murky all of a sudden. I sighed as I looked down, feeling my stomach.

I sat up, looking out my window. "That felt too real to be a dream," I whispered while resting my hand over my racing heart.

"It felt like a prediction," I murmured while staring into the woods, seeing something move through them.