Run

*Isla's P.O.V*

The bite on my scruff only tightens when I try to fight back and I try to twist my head, looking back to see Kelsei. My tail wags as I manage to lick the side of her muzzle and I stop fighting for just the briefest moment. That seems to please her and she loosens her grip.

'You shouldn't be here,' Kelsei's voice invades my mind. It's a mixture between her and Zari's which shows that the two are fighting for control. I kind of think Zari's winning, I mean she is the scarier one out of the two.

'I couldn't leave you and Alana to fight without me,' I retort in the mindlink. She licks my bloodied ear, making it twitch in response.

'You don't know how to fight, you're hurt,' Kelsei retorts, her voice overpowering Zari's. I think that's only because Aphid is probably getting chewed out by the older wolf. I kind of felt bad for her but she was the one who had told me to join the fight so I didn't feel that bad.

'You have no right to tell me not to fight. Not as an alpha, not as my mate. I have every right to want to protect you and Alana,' I retort as I break off our mindlink and sprint in the direction of the fight. Kelsei tries to push the mindlink but it's firmly sealed, like a locked steel door.

I come face to face with a russet red wolf, sinking my teeth into her leg before she can react. I know one thing about her, that she's not a member of my pack and that I have no reason to be nice to her at all. I whimper when she manages to turn her head and bite down on my back, her teeth digging through fur and flesh until it meets my spine.

I let go just as she jerks me up, knowing that if I hadn't my spine would have been snapped from the resistance. She shakes me from side to side until a tawny colored wolf bites down on her tail and she yelps, letting go right as she jerks her head so that I go flying. I slam into a tree, planting all four of my paws onto the ground as I try to gather myself to join the fray once again.

I can feel that blood is trickling down my back but I can't bring myself to care as I try to find Alana or Kelsei. They're both across the clearing, on two separate sides so I know that I won't make it over to them without getting attacked again. I can't put my left paw on the ground, it radiates with pain as I limp to try and slink around the trees to find a wolf I can still take in the fight.

My plans go awry when I run into a giant black wolf. His fur is on end and he snarls when he sees me, stalking towards me. I growl weakly, trying to force myself to stand up to him despite his giant size. His teeth snap against my face and I let out a yelp, the noise much louder than I expected it to be as I feel the skin around my eye rip.

The black wolf takes a deep breath, hot against my face as I stare at him. He's suddenly bowled over by a very familiar golden wolf although he doesn't seem to notice that. At least he doesn't react.

'...Isla?' my mother's voice rings in my head and I stare at her, feeling blood drip down into one of my eyes. I back away from her, even as her wolf lets out a short sharp bark that seems to make all of the rogues stop fighting. My pack just seems confused so they all look to Kelsei and Alana who are looking at me.

Alana darts across the clearing, her much bigger body moving to press against me as she whines. I flinch away when she tries to lick the blood off of my face and she rests her head on top of mine, staring my mother down.

'Lala...' Alana seems confused and I bristle at the nickname, not sure I want her affection right now.

'They're my parents,' I respond to her in the mindlink, feeling her body tense as she seems to be pausing to communicate with the pack.

'Why have you attacked?' I ask my mother after a moment, refusing to look at her. Mainly because one of my eyes is now completely saturated with blood and I can't open it.

'We...this pack has been pushing onto our territory for years,' my mother says softly and I can't tell if she's telling the truth or not. I've never been good at telling when people are lying and I don't think I'll learn how to now.

I step back, a hard thing to do seeing as Alana was basically standing over me but I manage to get away from her as well. I block the mindlinks from both my mates and my parents, giving into the voice in my head that tells me to run as far away as I can. Blood still coats my tongue and all I can think about is how sick I feel, how I had enjoyed the taste of the blood and the adrenaline that came with the fighting.

I give up control to Aphid, letting her make us run since I am mentally exhausted from the fight. Thunder booms in the sky and it starts pouring down, the water soaking through my fur rather quickly. I can't run very fast, my paw aches something fierce but I know we've gotten a decent distance between us when we stumble across a creek that dips about 20 feet down.

I push for control and force myself to back up, finding the narrowest part of the creek which still leaves a 10 foot gap for me to jump. I spin around, backing up before I throw myself at the jump. I have clearly overestimated my ability to jump because my front paws barely touch the other side and I feel the muddy ground giveaway from underneath me. I barely even register when my body hits the ground, only feeling pain as my adrenaline has died down. I lay my head down in the muddy water, letting out a mournful howl as I just lay there.

It doesn't take long for black spots to fill my vision. I try to lift my head but it's so hard to do so. The muddy water surrounding me feels nice, it makes me want to stay. I lift my head up, resting it on a small pile of mud to keep it out of the water as all of my vision goes black when I try to move my back leg. The pain that shoots through me is enough for me to completely lose my ability to move and I feel my head sliding back down into the water, although I no longer feel in control and can't make my eyes open.