Chapter 3: Understanding

Boruto’s POV

Dad is still at work. I can’t stand it! He neglects mom and Hima! I looked at mom.

"Mom, when will dad come home?"

"Hmm, I don’t know. He is now dealing with a case of a terostic attack that did not take place. They're still looking for the perpetrator."

"That’s not fair-ttebasa!"

"Boruto, your father wants to keep it safe here. It prevents further wars and other ugly things that would cause a lot of people to die. Try to understand it."

"That’s why are you helping him?" Mom nodded.

"Uncle Neji will take care of you tomorrow. I would like to help your father at work. You're going to school tomorrow, aren't you, Boruto?"

"Yeah-ttebasa."

"Then Himawari will stay here with Neji-nii-san and Kurama. Do you agree, Himawari?" Himawari was happy.

"Uncle Neji? He’s so cute when I braid his hair!" Himawari was thrilled. That’s good I think.

"Mom, I’m bored. Can I play games with Shikadai?"

"Shikamaru-kun’s and Temari-san’s son?"

"Yes."

"Games?" Mom looked at me.

"I mean I will learn with Shikadai! For school!"

"That’s more like it. Temari-san is strict. She wouldn’t allow it." Little does she know that Shikadai’s mom is not home today.

"All right, you can go. I’ll stay here with Himawari."

"Thanks-ttebasa!" I took my tablet and headed to Shikadai. His father is home, but he is so careless that he won't even notice us. Shikadai was playing in front of the house.

"Yo Boruto. I was waiting for you."

"Shikadai, why are you here?"

"Unfortunately, mom is home so we have to go somewhere else. Maybe to the park."

"I see… All right! I can’t go back when I lied to mom now-ttebasa. She’s really scary."

"You don’t even know my mom. She’s able to slap me for a bad grade, what a drag."

"So that’s why are you such a nerd."

"So are you, Boruto," said Shikadai.

"Hahah, yeah. That’s true. I want to be better than my useless father who was a failure at school-ttebasa!"

"But your father is the head of the FBI. You should be proud of him," Shikadai said.

"Who would be proud of such a useless dad…" I frowned.

"He doesn't even go home anymore. He also sleeps at work…"

"Well, he has a very important profession and everyone relies on him. You have to reckon with that," said Shikadai.

"I know, but it would be better if he was home more-ttebasa!" Shikadai smirked.

Sumire’s POV

When I woke up, Kawaki was no longer there. He had to go stealing again. But didn't he say I should go with him?

Today was nice weather and it was warm. I decided to wash my clothes in the river. I only kept my underwear. I rubbed my clothes against the stones. Unfortunately, I don't have any soap, so it's hard to wash. I also washed Kawaki's vest, which I then placed on a hot stone to dry faster. So I did with my clothes. I also washed my face and hands.

"That’s better!" I smiled. I also washed my long hair. My hair was all tousled. I trimmed my hair to dry quickly.

"Hey, what are you doing here?!" That voice!

"K-Kawaki?" I covered myself.

"I asked first!"

"I wanted to wash our clothes. It was dirty so…" I turned my back on him.

"And who asked?! I don’t want any help from you!!"

"I just wanted to repay to you for what you did yesterday!" I said seriously.

"Tss, that was nothing!"

"I think something else," I said.

"Fine, but don’t do it ever again behind my back! I don't like it when people touch my things!"

"O-of course…" I said. This is embarassing… I’m just in my underwear…

"And you should put on your clothes! Don’t worry, I won’t look at you." He turned his back on me. Even He is sometimes understanding. I put on my dried clothes.

"I’m done! Here is your vest." I came to him and handed him the vest.

"Well, thanks…" He said. I smiled.

"And where were you?" I asked.

"That’s not your f*cking business!"

"I see…" He still doesn’t trust me.

"But this your business is." He handed me a paper.

"M-me?"

"We are wanted criminals. But there is a greater reward for you. Your stupid revenge will cost you many years now if they find you!"

"You don‘t understand me..." I said.

"Huh?!" My revenge was everything for me! I had to take revenge for my father and my mother! I just had to!" I said seriously. I didn't hold on anymore.

"It’s not like I care, but belive me that I understand you! And I understand you very well! I also wanted revenge, but on my damn father!" said Kawaki.