Chapter 21: The end and the beginning

2 hours later...

Sumire’s POV

"… You shouldn’t have been born…"

"... I wish you never existed…"

"... You are such a nuisance…"

"... It’s your fault your mother died…"

"... I have to leave, don’t forget the task I gave you…" What’s this? Memories of my father? But why… Suddenly, I woke up.

"W-where am I?" I asked.

"Sumire!" said Kawaki… Kawaki, he’s here too.

"Sumire-chan!" Hinata-san hugged me.

"Please be careful! Sumire-san must rest!" said nurse.

"Oh, I’m sorry…" I smiled.

"W-what happened? I got lost in some cave…"

"Kawaki-kun saved you, that’s all you need to know," said Hinata-san. Kawaki did that… He looked away. I blushed.

"And where is Boruto-kun?"

"He’s… home, don’t worry about him," she said. But she looked a little worried.

"Who cares about that idiot?" muttered Kawaki. I was tired. Also from those memories… After a while, the doctor came and sent Kawaki and Hinata-san home. He said I need to rest…

One week later...

Naruto’s POV

"Boruto, Kawaki, I hope you know my plan…"

"Why do I have to go to? I don’t care about that crazy woman…" He was uninterested.

"That’s great, but Jigen was Eida’s spy. You know that…"

"Yeah, I know…" He clenched his fists. He’s probably blaming him of his friend’s death.

"You might also know something about the FBI."

"You are wrong. Jigen was really mysterious. After I ran away, I never saw him again. I just know from you that he was her spy." Hmm…

"Can you describe him? You spent a lot of time with him, didn't you?"

"I’d rather not talk about it. But… he’s emotionless. He tried to do research on small children. He injected them with various drugs and researched what would happen. One child grew a third leg after the injection. He made us monsters… His comrades were Delta, Garo and Boro."

"Heh, they are all dead," I said.

"Huh?"

"Jigen apparently killed them to get rid of the witnesses. He was convinced that they would betray him, so he preferred to kill them."

"I see." We were just in my office. But the others didn't like my idea. Especially Sasuke.

"Naruto, you are not serious right now, are you? They will die if they come with us. We can't afford any hostages, and these two are easy targets."

"Maybe Boruto, but I’m experienced. Jigen trained me," said Kawaki. Boruto frowned at him.

"That’s not the point! Eida wants you both! She’ll take advantage of this after she finds out about our mission!"

"Sasuke, calm down. They’ll go with me."

"And this should calm me down? You are not even the strongest here, Naruto."

"What did you say-ttebayo?!"

"Plus, you're going straight to the man who is able to kill Eida's family. He's much more dangerous than you think!"

"Tss, I know that. That's why I have another plan."

"Hmm?"

"Kawaki and Boruto are Eida's suitors. He can't kill them both. One of them 'marries' Eida. The rest of you will not do anything until the wedding. And Kawaki, if Eida chooses you, play it with me. We have to be smarter than them. I'll talk to you via our chips. Her father won't be stupid either. He won't kill me or the other. He won't want to antagonize Japan and allied countries, will he?

"So we have to spy until the wedding…"I nodded.

"The spy unit will obtain information. The backups will arrive at the wedding. We catch them unprepared and Ino tells their president everything with evidence from Sai. Sai, you have about two weeks to gather evidence." He nodded.

"Itachi, Shisui, you two are the most experienced here. Do you agree with the plan?"

"Naruto, I’m amazed. Assaulting them at their wedding is pretty risky. At the same time, it is the only option. That's why it's good for us to take the boys. They will play an important role for us." I smiled.

"Nii-san, you are really naive. If they kill Naruto, it’s over. We will have to withdraw."

"Sasuke, is Naruto your best friend?"

"Well, yeah…"

"Then trust him." I smirked.

"Thank you, Itachi. I'm counting on you and Shisui!" They nodded. We were all chipped during that time. Even Kawaki and Boruto. It is important that we do not divulge anything. Now we're leaving for the airport in disguise…

.............

This is the end of season two. I hope you like the story and are excited for the next chapters. In fact, I'm losing my faith, so I can't judge if the story is good or if it's messed up. But I know I enjoy it, so I won't give up!