Chapter 12: Broken vase

Kawaki’s POV

I couldn’t fell asleep. I still had my damn biological father in my memory. That pig Jigen is in jail, but what happened to him? I'm afraid of his return… But that's not all. I wonder why I acted like that today… Why did I want to kill Boruto when he mentioned that witch?! Sumire… I don't even understand myself anymore.

Sumire’s POV

I really liked the fishtail braid Himawari-chan made to me. It was very practical. But I hoped that Kawaki will say something to me. Instead of that he argued with Boruto.

It dissapointed me because they are so nice to us. We shouldn’t be rude to them. But that’s Kawaki’s personality. I think he will never change. Not after his past that was… I don’t even want to imagine.

I couldn’t fell asleep. I was so nervous. I’m afraid that I will have to go back. I can’t stay here forever. But my father will be in jail two years. I have nowhere to go.

"Sumire-chan, I can’t sleep…"

"Himawari-chan?"

"I’m scared of Kawaki-kun… It’s a bad thing, isn’t it? He didn’t do anything wrong to me…" I smiled.

"Himawari-chan, it’s all right to be scared of someone or something. Kawaki is well… he’s really rude and agressive. But he just doesn’t know how to act. I’m sure he wants to get along with you and your family…"

"Sumire-chan, do you like him?" Huh? Haaah?!

"Awww!! Himawari-chan!! W-what are you saying out of nowhere?! Of course not! We are just friends and we don’t know each other much yet!" I denied.

"I see. The way you talked about him reminded me of the way mommy talked about daddy. She told us she has been in love with him since the first day they met!" Love at first sight, huh?

"Himawari-chan, can I ask you about Boruto-kun? He is really nice. I would like to know more about him…"

"Onii-chan? Well, he’s really smart and his favourite food is hamburger… He complains a lot about daddy. His best friend is Shikadai-kun and his rival is Sarada-chan. They fight a lot!" She smiled.

"Sarada-chan?"

"He talks about her all the time. He’s always saying that she’s annoying and that he hates her, but he’s just trying to deny his true feelings!"

"How do you know that? He really doesn’t have to like her."

"I see it. I see it on him." She smiled. She’s really amazing.

"That’s nice… I would like to be friends with Sarada-chan." She smiled at me. Thanks to Himawari-chan, I was finally able to fall asleep…

"Dad, what are you doing here?!"

"I told you I have a day off, Boruto. I would like to help you with your homework-ttebayo."

"That’s impossible. You wouldn’t understand that-ttebasa."

"Hey you! I was going to college, ya know!"

"Heh? I’m sure you forget it already!" Their voices woke me. It was 7 am. I looked at the window. I saw little birds with their mom. It was so cute.

I looked at Himawari-chan. She was still sleeping. She was so cute.

I decided to go to the kitchen. I’m a little bit hungry. I met Naruto-san and Boruto-kun on the way.

"Good morning!" I smiled.

"Good morning, Sumire!" They smiled. They are so similiar! Their eyes and their smile… I went to the kitchen. Hinata-san was already making a breakfast.