Chapter 16: Heart attack

Boruto’s POV

Just why am I so cold to others?! It’s not me at all! What is happening to me?! When I think about Eida, my thoughts are telling me to hate everyone. That I need only Eida. This is so complicated-ttebasa. And because of it, I’m losing friends. I insulted even Shikadai who is not offensive. He usually doesn’t care. And that trip… I don’t know. Should I go?

But I didn't think about it now. I was coming home. Alone. I usually dated Mitsuki and Sarada. But even Mitsuki avoids me after telling him I'm not interested in him. And that I don't like gays. Was it too much?

When I returned home, I heard voices.

"Sasuke, I need you to do something before the action."

"Okay, what?"

"Visit Shikamaru. He offered us his new discovery. Those chips will come in handy for eavesdropping on Eida and her father." Eida?!

"Two weeks, right?"

"Two weeks-ttebayo." Two weeks, dad didn’t talk about this. And I know he’s planning something. But I won’t let him hurt Eida. I have to join them discreetly. I will protect her even if it cost me my life-ttebasa!

Sumire’s POV

We returned home. I didn't want to talk to him anymore and went to my room. I still have to learn. Tomorrow we are finally writing a math test. I hope Kawaki will be fine… No, I shouldn’t think of him. I did some homeworks. I read too. But I couldn’t concentrate. I slapped my cheeks.

"Stop thinking of him!" It’s useless. I can’t even if I wanted to. I tried to learn for the test. We are writing a test for lighter equations worthy of our grade. But after a while, I closed my textbook. I decided to go to him. I know I’m stupid, but I can’t help it. I went to his room. Actually to Boruto’s.

"That test… should I learn for it? It’s just a waste of time. I don’t understand a thing." He was lying on a bed.

"Kawaki?"

"Huh?" He got up.

"Tss, what are you doing here?!"

"Well, I just wanted to make sure you are prepared for tomorrow’s test."

"No, I’m not. Is that all?"

"Then let me help you!" I said seriously. We should help each other!

"Really? Well, fine. I have nothing better to do anyway." I smiled. I sat down on the chair.

"Look, x + 7 = 24. It’s easy, isn’t it?"

"Maybe for you. I don’t understand it!"

"Hmm, you have to transfer 7 to the other side. Then you have x = 24 – 7."

"Why is there a minus?!"

"When you transfer the number to the other side, you have to change its sign. Do you understand?"

"I guess."

"The result is x = 17."

"I see, then I just have to subtract it." I smiled.

"Exactly!"

"Thanks, I understand it from you much better than from the teacher."

"W-what makes you say that?" I blushed.

"Your voice, your voice is more pleasant to listen to." He turned away.

"I-I see, I think you understand, so I'm going." He nodded. I closed the door and returned to the room. My heart would otherwise explode! W-what is he saying out of sudden? I don’t understand him…

"You are useless! It’s your fault your mother died!" *slap*

Huh?! W-what was that? My father… Why do those memories keep coming back to me? Why?! I began to cry.

...............

Remember Sumire's memories, I will pay more attention to it and it will also affect Sumire's future. I hope you liked that chapter. Have a nice day!