Chapter 5: Find her

Hinata’s POV

"Boruto, Himawari, I’m going, all right? Your uncle will take care of you, Himawari. And Boruto, good luck at school!" I smiled.

"Yes!" they both said. Suddenly someone rang the bell.

"It has to be Neji-nii-san…" I opened the door.

"Hinata-sama, I’m here."

"Hi Hinata!" said TenTen-chan.

"TenTen-chan, you are here too!"

"I also had to come to my niece! Himawari is so cute!" TenTen-chan was thrilled. She liked Himawari so much that she also wanted to have a child.

Neji-nii-san agreed, and now TenTen-chan is three months pregnant. I’m looking forward to their child.

"Thank you so much, I have to help Naruto-kun at work now."

"That bastard, he neglects you a lot, Hinata-sama…" He still didn't put up with our wedding yet. Heh.

"Not at all. He’s the head of the FBI. He is the one who needs all the support. I really respect him and I’m proud of him." I smiled.

"You are too nice on him, Hinata," said TenTen-chan.

"It’s not like I will change." TenTen-chan smiled.

"Well, we’ll take care of Himawari and we’ll make sure Boruto will go to school. Go to your darling, Hinata!" I blushed.

"Y-yeah."

"Goodbye, be nice to your uncle and aunt, all right?" I left. I knew everything would be fine. It's a long way to Tokyo, but we have a reason. The reason we didn't move there is that Naruto-kun could be the target of an attack. So could be our family. It was safer to move on.

We live in Konoha. I can't endanger my family's lives! After three hours, I finally arrived.

"I came to my husband," I told the guards.

"Of course, Hinata-san, you are welcome." I smiled. They let me through and led me to his office.

"... Naruto, in the lab, we're now inventing these chips for your units. You wouldn't need walkie-talkies, just your hand. We would immediately apply them to everyone. This is a serious advance in science. I think it's very useful. It occurred to me as I examined one broken walkie-talkie. I would like to help you somehow…" Shikamaru-kun?

"Thank you, Shikamaru. We will certainly consider your invention, but it will be purely voluntary. I won't force anyone to be chipped."

"Of course, what a drag." I opened the door.

"I’m sorry to bother you, Naruto-kun."

"Hinata! You are not bothering me! I’m really glad you are here. I have a mission for you."

"All right, I'll leave with my unit right away."

"No, you have to go alone. But... be careful. You are my wife, so you are in danger."

"Don’t worry, I’ll be all right. For you and our children." He smirked.

"Well, Naruto, I’m going. Call me about your decision. I would like to know how many I have to make. Temari and Katasuke would also like to know your opinion."

"Of course, I’ll call you."

"All right, bye Naruto."

"Bye Shikamaru." Shikamaru-kun closed the door. I put lunch on Naruto-kun’s desk.

"Oh, what is it, Hinata?!"

"Ramen, your favourite!" I smiled. He kissed me.

"You are the best wife ever, really!" He wanted to eat it. 

"So about the mission…"

"Hahah, sorry, I got carried away-ttebayo…" He stroked his head.

"You're going to find the terrorist."

"Huh? And alone?"

"We found out she was still a child. In addition, she was very frightened when she ran away. We asked the witnesses. Nothing happened, but we must prevent these attacks. The girl... I don't want to put her in jail, I want to help her. And I need you for that, Hinata."

"I see. Can I read some records of that day?"

"Here! It is a town near Konoha. We have already searched her residence. She should not have a place to live and she's not in an orphanage. Apparently her father left her, and according to the bottles, he was an alcoholic. That's why I want to help her. She seems to have a dark past…"

"Does she remind you of yourself?"

"A little. I was lonely and scared too. Especially at school." I smiled.

"I’ll find her and help her!"

"You are the best, thank you, Hinata!" I blushed. It reminds me of those years… I took the records and wanted to leave. But he caught my wrist.

"Wait, I just want to tell you not to go there as an agent. You could scare her. As our professional spy, your disguise will be normal clothing-ttebayo." I smiled.

"Of course, I thought so too."

"Great. I still have a lot of work to do, but I have time off tomorrow and I'll take the paperwork home. I'm looking forward to the kids and your lunch."

"That’s really great, Naruto-kun, Boruto will be so happy!"

"I-I hope so… I’m afraid I’m losing him. I've never had a father, so I don't know how to treat him. And my godfather was always busy, I don't want to be the same…"

"Just be yourself! Little do you know that when Boruto smiles, he looks exactly like you!" I smiled.

"R-really? I’m glad about it-ttebayo…" He smiled.

"Well, I’m going to find that girl. Good luck at work!"

"All right, thank you." I said goodbye to him and I came home.

"Mommy?"

"Hinata-sama!"

"I'm sorry, I'm just going to change. Then I have to leave again. I have an important mission."

"Of course." Neji-nii-san smiled. He liked that I was still working. It was my dream and I'm not going to just give it up. Himawari is 10 years old and her school is under renovation. She will start school in two weeks.

Even though Boruto is 5 years older than her, they have a beautiful bond. We didn't want to have children so soon after. That's why Boruto is so older. But he is a great role model for Himawari.

I changed my clothes. I wore a long white skirt and a light pink T-shirt with light purple sweatshirt. I also took a purple purse and left again. I traveled to the city where the girl was supposed to be.

"It's very deserted here…" I said when I saw her former home. It was wrapped in police tape. I looked inside carefully. It smelled of alcohol there, and I saw debt notes on the table. The room was not very big. I  feel sorry for that girl. I would like to find her and help her…

...

I want to thank you for 100 followers! It means a lot to me! I hope you liked the chapter. Have a nice day! 💜💜