Chapter 7: You make the best waffles

29 weeks pregnant, day 17 Stephanie Brown is still missing

"Are you boys done with your heart to heart?"

"Take it easy, we got this," Jason answered then turned to Dick, "can you grapple?"

"I'll be fine," Dick fumbled to find his grapple line, "shit."

"Here," Jason handed him an extra grapple gun.

"Backup grapple, smart," Dick took the gadget, "fancy too."

"Thanks."

"He can't hear you," Jason told her, "she said thanks."

"Right, where are we headed?" Dick asked.

"Okay," Jason took out a small tablet, "the narrows."

"Where in the narrows?" Dick shot his grapple along with Jason.

"Not sure," Jason checked the text Meg attached to the location, "she was seen on foot, no exact location."

"That's a lot of ground to cover, and I'm not exactly in my best shape."

"Let's just get there first," Jason rolled his eyes under his helmet.

Meg and her computers

"Jason," Meg was trying to find them on the satellite.

"What?"

"They're still shooting at will; I can send you a secure ambulance for Nightwing. He's slowing you down."

"If I find Spoiler, she won't come with me; if she sees Wing she'll know it's not a trap."

"At this rate, she'll die before you find her."

"What is it?" Dick asked out of breath.

"Casper thinks you're slowing me down and is suggesting a secure ambulance."

"She has a point, but so do you," Dick answered, "Agent A is on the way in the ice-cream truck, we'll just meet him half-way."

"I don't know who that is, but just hurry," Meg's phone started ringing, "shit, I need a minute."

"Hey, don't hang up! We don't have an actual location yet!" Jason yelled but she hung up.

"Hey, Jem," Meg's tone changed completely when she talked to her brother.

"Hey Gem, please tell me you left Gotham."

"I left Gotham."

"Don't lie to me! I can still tell," James sounded exasperated.

"I'm actually in the middle of something-"

"Yeah, I'm watching the news, a beautiful gang war! I just needed to know you weren't in the line of fire."

"No, I'm safe and sound behind a computer, but I need to go, my partner needs me."

"Which one was he again? I mean they're all catching heat, and the news is butchering them all!"

"The mean one, anyway when are you coming?"

"A week before you're due, so around Halloween, hopefully this mess would be over by then."

"Hopefully," Meg found Stephanie's exact location, "I have to go."

"Of course you do, be careful, is breá liom tú, a dheirfiúr (I love you sister)."