Chapter 9: Hot thighs Hoodster

AN: Sorry this is like 4k!!

Please disregard scientific inaccuracies regarding the bullets and all that crap! I did a lot of research and some of it is true and some of it is not so ya know if anyone feels like pitching in for more realistic science I'm all for it!!

Jason's safe-house 31 weeks pregnant

"So the one with the red helmet is the one you're working with?"

"Yes, Jem, for the billionth time, yes," Meg rolled her eyes.

"This is a video call; I can see you rolling your eyes at me."

"Good," Meg rolled her eyes even harder, "don't you have things to do that are more interesting than questioning me about my partner?"

"Are you sleeping with him?"

"I'm 31 weeks pregnant, thinking about sex irks me," Meg stood up to show off her baby bump, "no, I'm not sleeping with him."

"Do you want to? There's a horny phase in the 3rd trimester-"

"Please stop talking."

"Where is he anyway?"

"Bludhaven, he's recently reconnected with his pseudo-estranged-brother, sort of, whatever," she kept working, "he's pretty happy about it."

"Oh, so reconnecting with estranged siblings is something that makes people happy, why did I not think of that?"

"Shut up James, we've been over this-"

"Ouhh she uses my name, so scary," James mocked her, "I'm serious; she just wants to see you."

"I don't want to see her," Meg was about to hang up.

"Don't you dare hang up on me Lizzie."

"Lizzie's dead, the sooner you accept it the better," she warned him, "I'm serious James, I don't want to talk about this ever again."

"Fine, whatever, so the red helmet, is he gay by any chance? He has a pair of thighs like no other man."

"I think he's straight," she tried so hard to keep her straight face.

"What happened? Oh my god! You slept with him?"

"No! We kissed for like half a second, it was like the weirdest thing ever, that was months ago," she squinted at her screen then grinned, she found Talia's 'itinerary'.

"You found something, didn't you? Way to ruin my fantasies about hot thighs Hoodster," James sighed clearly upset and trying to hide it.

"I did, but it can wait, everything can wait you know that," she frowned, "what's going on?"

"I'm so wary of people," he admitted, "I see danger everywhere."

"That's why I wanted you to come with me."

"The only reason I'm stepping foot back on the East Coast is because you're pregnant," he pinched the bridge of his nose, "and I'm done weighing you down."

"You never weighed me down," she shook her head, "you're the reason I'm still alive."

"That's crap, I'm still alive because of you," James sighed again, "what does hot thighs know?"

"Nothing, just the IRA school, I had to spill a few league of assassins things, but he doesn't know about you being there, and he never will."

"Good, good, by the way my hair finally grew back properly," James bent over his head to show her his full head of black hair.