Chapter 2: Okay mom!

Jason's safe-house

Meg woke up around noon, finding herself in a strange bed; she knew her morning exchange with Redhood was real and not a bad dream. She went to the bathroom and washed her face with a washcloth, she saw the bruise under her eye, she sighed, she needed to tread her situation carefully, and it could all easily backfire on her. Meg was starving so she went to the kitchen where she found a plate of pancakes covered with a note.

"Went grocery shopping, text me if you need anything, let's see if you can find my number,"

Well at least Jason had a sense of humor. She sat down to eat and checked on her second base, another abandoned building, she had to get her chessboard, some clothes, her equipment and wigs and prosthetics. She needed a few things, so she decided to call Jason, finding his number wasn't the easiest thing, but she wasn't just any hacker.

"I know you said text, but this is faster," she said.

"I have to admit, you're impressive, what do you need?" Jason asked.

"Just some basics, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner and soap, I'll send you a list."

"Okay, anything else?"

"Uh- you know the water with Aloe Vera, if you find any, and some dark chocolate like 80% dark"

"Okay, I'll be back in a few."

She went to her tablet; she tapped into the security system to see how many cameras were active inside the safe-house. If she was going to look through his stuff she can't be recorded, and she can't wipe the footage clean or freeze it because Jason was obviously not stupid. As expected all the cameras were active, she went inside his room anyway to get a pair of socks that she held in the direction of the hidden camera.

She sat on the couch and turned on the TV to a news channel. There was report about the fire at the abandoned building she was squatting at, but there were no mentions of it being her base, no evidence was found; well she made sure of that. She flipped through the channels and found Seven so she kept it on waiting for Jason to come back.

"Stupid deadly sins!" she yelled just as Jason came in.

"Seven?" he asked dropping the bags and rushing to the couch.

"Yeah," she looked at him running like an excited 10 year old.

"What's in the boooox?"

"Hey don't spoil!" she scolded.

"You've never seen Seven?" he was surprised.

"Of course I have, but it's been a while so shush!"

"Okay mom!" he mumbled crossing his arms and pouting, he looked so normal.

"What?" she turned at him mortified.

"Sorry! It was a joke!" he stood up and went to put the groceries away. "I got you what you asked for, didn't find the water." He set the bag next to her.

"Listen, I just haven't been around people in a while," she walked to the table where he was unpacking the bags; she picked up a book, "you bought pregnancy books?"

"Well, yeah, we need to know what we're doing."

"We?" she took a step back.

"Well, if you're staying here-"

"I'm staying here for a few days, and after we're done with Black Mask this partnership ends."

"I didn't mean to freak you out, I just don't know how to deal with pregnant women, and if you're staying for a day or five I just thought I should familiarize myself with the process" he explained.