Chapter 05: Bombs all over the city

AN: I'll be exploring a certain bat gal's history, changing it a bit to fit the story!

28 weeks pregnant

"There are bombs all over the city," she struggled to her feet.

"WHAT? Who?" he looked at the screen and it was Joker. "Fuck, I have to go, you're going downstairs."

They went to the basement; she took her place in front of the computers on the comfortable new chair as Jason got into his gear.

Meg started pulling up all previous Joker attacks from every database available. She knew only one had everything, she decided to hack into the batcave's computer, she did it once and surprisingly went unnoticed, and promised herself to never do it again but it's a crisis.

"Keep your line open; take the fire proof jacket, the reinforced boots and ropes." She ordered, "Don't forget the re-breather and its backups," she looked at him as he packed, she handed him a pouch "the tools and known antidotes." She looked around her workspace, "okay take this helmet, wear these gloves and add these to your boots, it will activate camouflage mode for your whole body. If it doesn't work tell me I'll do it from here."

"They'll all be on it; you'll be safe here." he said adding the tech she just gave him.

"I know," she started monitoring the screens and trying to find the bombs. "I enhanced the night and thermal vision features in your helmet and mask, I also added X-ray vision, but if a bomb goes off-"

"I know," he hopped on his bike and left.

As expected Batman, Robin, Red Robin and Batwoman were already on it, Oracle was on coms too. Nightwing had moved to Bludhaven. Jason patched into their com line, in situations like these all differences were put aside, even villains helped against the Joker.

"O, what's the situation?" Jason asked knowing full well Meg was listening too.

"Hood, nice of you to join us," Barbara said.

"I just wheeled in; pardon the pun, how many?"

"So far just the one in city hall" - Barbara

"Right, all hands on deck I assume?" Jason sped in the direction of city hall knowing he was too far.

"Stay non-lethal" - Bruce

"I'm 2 minutes to city hall, there's one in Robinson Park" -Kate

"I'll take Robinson Park"-Damian

"I'm trying to pull footage"- Barbara

"Hood, there's one in Crime Alley, you're 2 blocks away, sending location into the bike now"- Meg on the private line

"There's one in Crime Alley, I'm 2 blocks away," Jason to the family.

"How do you know?" - Barbara

"I just do," - Jason

Meg was pulling footage from every camera and cellphone she could find, she was listening to Joker's tirade on the news waiting for him to say more.

"HELLO GOTHAM CITY!
HA HA HA HA HA!
IT IS I, YOUR FAVORITE UNCLE JOKER!
MR. MAYOR IS GOING BOOM!
HA HA HA HA!
BATMAN IS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF TOWN! LET'S SEE IF HE CAN GET TO HIM FAST ENOUGH!
HA HA HA HA HA!
YOU'RE ALWAYS LATE AREN'T YOU BATSY? REMEMBER OUR TIME IN ETHIOPIA A REAL BOMB!
HA HA HA HA HA HA!
AND, WAS IT LAST YEAR? THAT THE BUILDING WENT BOOM WITH US IN IT? CHOICES, CHOICES
HA HA HA HA HA HA!
SEND YOUR BIRDS TOO!
HA HA HA HA HA HA!
YOU SHOULD GET A DISCOUNT ON COFFINS IF YOU ASK ME!
HA HA HA HA!"