Chapter 13: I'm not Batman, I'm not stupid

YOU GUYS! I AM SO SORRY I THOUGHT I POSTED THIS CHAPTER!!! FEEL FREE TO HATE ME!! (Please don't)

Deirdre's clinic

"It's been too long, Johnathan."

"You know I go by James now, right?"

"I do," Deirdre turned her chair around, "you look well."

"I look like myself," James ran his fingers through his black hair.

"Does Gotham?"

"I barely remember it, but the smell is ... still the same."

"Indeed it is," Deirdre stood in front of James, "how is school?"

"Boring, I already know everything, considering I've been Santa's little helper for most my life," he shrugged.

"Santa, that's funny," she smiled and opened her arms offering a hug, "you can say no."

"To you? Never," James wrapped his arms around the older and smaller woman.

"Why are you here alone James?"

"Because I haven't seen you in years, and we need to go over the birth plan ... I know being a doctor means I'll have to see things all the time, but I don't want to see my sister's cervix, but she asked I couldn't say no-"

"You'll be handling the baby, you won't be anywhere near her cervix," Deirdre laughed, "don't worry. Now how about you tell me the truth?"

"We don't even have graves," James said after a silence, "I went to the house, after she left, there's no proof of our existence, there's not even a grave site. I know Lizzie destroyed the paper trail, but there were never any graves dug for the Gallagher twins."

"You broke into the house? How could you be so reckless?" Deirdre ran to her computer, "she's going to murder you, and not only because you keep calling her Lizzie."

"I might not have her stealth but I can break into the house I was born in without being noticed and without leaving evidence behind," James rolled his eyes.

"You better hope so, because you're explaining it to your sister."

"We're not telling her-"

"Of course we are, I have no access to satellite footage," Deirdre dismissed any hope James had to keep this from Meg.

"Fucking satellites," James groaned, "she's going to kill me."

Deirdre simply hummed.

"You won't let her, right Eve?"

"Evelyn died in Belfast, it's Deirdre now."

"Was Evelyn ever real anyway?"

"Too smart for your own good, Jonathan James," Deirdre smiled sadly.

"If only that were true, we never would've-"

"You were a child, and it was not your fault," Deirdre locked eyes with him, "nor was it hers."

"I shouldn't have followed him back there, I should've known better-"

"You were 4, a baby, thrust in a new world, with new people who didn't care about you," Deirdre hand cupped his cheek, "just be thankful that she got there in time."

"Maybe if I'd just endured it-"

"Don't ever say that," Deirdre's eyes turned stone ice cold.

"We wouldn't have gotten wrapped up in all this crap, it would've been a onetime thing-"