Chapter 1: Don't kick I'm pregnant

A rooftop near Gotham's docks around dawn

9 weeks pregnant

"No don't kick! I'm pregnant!" She screamed at Redhood who quickly pulled his kick. She was panting like crazy, "didn't think it would work. Give me a second."

"Are you doing this because you're pregnant?" He asked raising his hands in surrender.

"Yeah, sort of," she answered.

"Where's the father?" He asked.

"Fake name, fake number, and fake apartment," she started recovering.

"Fake orgasm too?" He said jokingly.

"No, he knew what he was doing," she burst into laughter, "this is so funny! Two seconds ago we were trying to kill each other and now we're discussing my sex life!"

"That it is," he helped her up. They walked to the blind spot of the rooftop they're on. "Do you have any family?"

"Disowned; the slut who got knocked up." She sheathed her sword back and picked up the throwing stars she hit him with that he plucked out like it was nothing.

"Families suck, any friends?"

"Yeah they do, in this line of work friends are hard to come by. Are you going to kill me for stealing your shipment?"

"I'd never kill a pregnant woman! And I've been watching you; I could use your skills."

"Are you offering me a job?"

"Maybe, you've dodged the whole bat clan long enough to make a name for yourself."

"What name?" she asked curiously.

"They call you the Ghost."

"Ha-ha," she looked at him, "seriously?"

"Yeah," he stretched his hand, "so how about we join forces?"

"The enemy of my enemy is my friend?"

"Yeah, something like that."

"It could work!" She shook his hand, she was about to reveal her face but he stopped her. "We have to trust each other if we're going to work together."

"You want a satellite to pick up your pretty face?"

"You're reconsidering your offer aren't you?" She's never made a mistake like this.

"It would be wise," he joked, "so do you have a pretty face?"

"I guess you won't find out tonight!" She shot her grappling hook, "see you around Red."

Jason followed and quickly caught up to her, she noticed him and stopped.

"What?"

"Do you have a place to stay?" He asked concerned.

"Yeah," it was an abandoned building that was about to get torn down by Wayne Enterprises where a mall would rise instead, "I'm squatting, but I move around, I adapt."

"You're pregnant," he pointed to her still flat belly.

"I'm aware."

"How far along are you?"

"I don't see how that's any of your concern. I know you could've killed me but I don't owe you any explanation-"

"Are you keeping the child?"

"Dude seriously, not your business; I don't want that job anymore. Stay away argh-" she started puking.

"Morning sickness must be a bitch," he said sarcastically.