Chapter 19: I JUST WANT IT OVER

July after T-j turned 1

Dick was visiting Gotham, 'you can take robin out of Gotham but you can't take Gotham out of Robin' he thought, so evidently he was on patrol. Since 'branching out' of Gotham, coming back after Bruce died, leaving again when Bruce came back, the Tarantula thing, after the gang war, Stephanie's death and the never ending lies of Bruce and now the threat of leviathan that they were nowhere near close to dealing with, Dick was on very low contact with the family. He was a lot more careful with his gear as he wouldn't ask Bruce for equipment. It felt like their relationship kept getting setbacks. His suit, mask, Escrimas and grapples were his own; the coms however, were Tim's. The kid had not explicitly forgiven Dick for his behavior when he was Batman but they were slowly mending their relationship, especially since Tim and Jason had suddenly become super close and started ganging up on Dick. So the eldest compromised and let his genius kid brother look over his tech every once in a while.

There has been a sighting of the one they believe to be the notorious criminal known as the Ghost in the Narrows. Dick had been close enough so he went to check it out. No one other than Redhood had actually seen her, not even Batman. Bruce said he had agreed to 'let' her operate as long as she didn't steal, but truthfully he needed her to operate to finally uncover her identity. But she was good, really good and she was rarely out in the open. Dick, although he'd never tell Bruce that, kind of knew that the Ghost wasn't waiting for Batman's permission to operate in Gotham.

"Nightwing," a bystander yelled, "two-face's men are cornering the one with white hair."

"Where?" Nightwing asked from a fire escape, the one with white hair, finally something descriptive, it has to be her.

The man pointed and ran away. Harvey's goons have been killing off the witnesses in one of the many open cases in their boss and his associates, so whenever two-face goons were mentioned the bats rushed to save the witnesses.

Apparently the people of Gotham thought of the ghost as one of the vigilantes and not a criminal. Jason swears she's not a threat; she did save the city from Joker's bombs even though Gotham doesn't know. She's the one who found Stephanie when most the bats weren't even aware Spoiler had gone missing. She's known to have taken down Black Mask; some say it was to actually take over Sionis' criminal empire some say the Ghost did it for fun.

The city, however, had been handed over to Cobblepot, who has been surprisingly steering clear of his usual super villain schemes and sticking to his normal mob boss crime. Dick was curious about how Penguin managed to keep his control after it had been rumored that someone stole his prized 60 million dollar diamond.

The facts were still unclear but she might've been the one who handed the city to Penguin. Dick had to keep the possibility of her being in the midst of a job, and will treat her as a possible threat. He ran through the roofs following the trail of knocked out henchmen.

There she was in an alley, backed into a wall fighting 6 men, 3 of two-face's men and 3 Yakuza ninjas.

That was weird, there was no trouble with the Japanese, so what were they doing here?

Dick started assessing the situation, she seemed small, like actually tiny and she was supposed to be a great fighter, she was good but not half as good as advertised or so he thought until he noticed she was protecting someone behind her.

"You're just going to stand and watch wonder-tights?" She yelled.

How did she know I was here?

"Protect the witness." She threw 3 charged shurikens at the henchmen jolting them on the ninjas, of course the ninjas dodged the falling men but it gave her enough time to tie a grappling line on the man she was protecting and shooting it towards Nightwing.