Chapter 12: You have grey hair

36 weeks pregnant, Jason's on a stake out in Robbinsville, Meg's on coms

"Fucking hero complex," she mumbled under her breath, "you can't take him on, on a good day; you want to go toe to toe with him on possible fear toxin laced with side effects of Lazarus pit?"

"You know about that?"

"I know everything except your names sweetheart; you're 5ft6, 125lb, a 162 IQ and the only person who's come close to cracking my weakest firewalls. Call the big man unless you're suicidal," her heart was breaking as she watched Jason fighting his demons, invisible to her and the rest of the world, "or do exactly what I say."

"What do you mean?" Tim had called Bruce who was on the other side of town and rushing over.

"Try to get his attention, and then you need to shoot your grapple at the level of his left cheekbone to the helmet, can you do that?"

"What will that do?"

"The pressure from the shot might reconnect the helmet's system long enough for me to release a sedative," she had mentioned the idea to Jason, adding concentrated Halothane into his helmet in case he needed to be sedated for some reason, she can't remember if he agreed to it.

"How on earth will you do that?"

"Just trust me for a minute?"

Robbinsville

"Fine," Tim ran at Jason, hating every second of the plan, but he had no other options but trusting the eye in the sky, "how about eye in the sky?"

"What are you talking about kid?"

"You don't like the ghost, eye in the sky," he suggested then he grunted in pain.

Jason punched him in the gut. Then Jason landed another punch into Tim's jaw. Jason grabbed Tim by his shoulders and pushed him off with a number of profanities that would make a hooker blush. Tim didn't give up, he lunged at Jason again but this time Jason kicked him in the guts throwing him on the ground.

"There's already a big brother watching sweetheart, now shoot your pseudo brother in the face for me," Meg was tracking the bat, who was finally nearing their location.

"I don't think it'll work," Tim told her as he pulled himself from the ground, "I can't get a clean shot I don't want the grapple to break his face, and I don't want him grabbing it and yanking me with it."

"I need the helmet to reconnect, if it's not the grapple do it some other way, an electric shot anything," she saw Batman jumping out of the car and Jason's screams got louder.

Tim extended his Bo staff and was about to try and shock the helmet with one of the taser end of it when Jason fell back on the ground at the sight of the staff.

"No, no, not again," Jason almost whimpered in terror.

"Lose the staff, lose the staff!" Meg knew all Jason could see was the crow bar.

"Red Robin stand back!" Batman growled.

Batman's voice brought Jason back from the warehouse in Ethiopia, he lunged at Tim and took the staff from him and was about to beat him with it.

"Red Robin MOVE!" Batman threw himself between them and pushed Tim a good 10ft.

Jason's head tilted, his whole body was screaming murder. The voices around him were familiar but then there was the clown, the clown fucking clown was laughing at him.

"Hood," Batman said but received the end of a Bo staff to the head.

"Kid, kid, what's happening I can't see shit! Just punch the helmet! Someone punch the stupid red helmet!"